Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buttons Anyone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 03:08 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buttons Anyone

I got this brushed aluminum mounting piece made to be used with my G35 aftermarket screen housings for controlling the screens. However, xenarc, the screen manufacturer I used, is now making most of thier screens with remote controls, so rather then moving the buttons, I'm just going to provide the remote controls with the screens. To make a long story short, I now have 50 of these button mounts cut just for the G35 ashtray and now have no need for them. They are brushed and annodized clear. They do not include the buttons, but you can put 5 of whatever you want in them that will fit in a .5" diameter hole.

You can install it without any cutting using the included black screw. Wires can be easily routed through the ashtray and out the back for connecting to carputers or audio system components.

For more information visit here:
https://st22.startlogic.com/~digital...products_id=28

The screen housings are also now available for preordering from that site.

Old 10-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Buttons Anyone

I am truly excited. I've been checking my e-mail every day for the last week to see if you were ready to take orders.

My order went in today around 6:30 for a TSV model. I'm order number 3!!!

I can hardly wait until they ship; in fact, I had to ship in 2-day becasue I can't stand the wait! My roomate just finished an install in his 2005 WRX using a Lilli screen, and it looks really nice. My carputer is up and running and just waiting to find its new home in the G, and I'm hoping it will look just as clean.

We appreciate your creativity and hard work. Keep it up!

--Nathan Burgess

Car: G35 Sedan, DG/WL, 6MT, non-premium, sun roof, full factory aero kit

Audio: JBL BP300.1 amp running at 2 ohms pushing IDQ10V.2 D4 sub.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by silver_pilate on 10/18/04 09:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-19-2004, 09:22 AM

wow looks very good GOC. I already have a piece of aluminum in mine, but it looks like crap, esp since I did a terrible job of painting it.

And hell, $5 shipped, can't go wrong.

I'll probably be ordering this within the next few days.. just hvae to rebuy buttons (all of mine are 1/4").

I may also drill in three more holes for the garage door opener (the main reason why I got 1/4" mounting buttons).

Thanks

---
2004 TB/W 6mtC. Sunroof only.
Bel Vector 985
Grounding Kit
Splash Guards
Custom Carputer
Custom FG Sub
Infinity KapPerf6.1, Ref 6002si, 5760 6-ch AMP.
30% Huper

Old 10-19-2004, 03:13 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wizawuza, yeah i hear you, the prototypes I made of the insert didn't come out nearly as nice doing it by hand. If you do want to drill more holes through these, the aluminum is pretty thick so you certainly can put a few more in without weakening it too much, just be sure you drill at a high speed but use only a little pressure so you don't drill down too fast and leave jagged edges.

Nathan, thanks for the compliments, I'll make sure your screen goes out with the first shipment so you can show up your roomate ASAP

Old 10-19-2004, 03:22 PM

I was order #2. I plan to put either the new slimline PS2 or an xBox to interface with my existing Nav screen. The buttons should be useful for switching between sources and powering on/off.

Black 5AT Coupe, Navi, Falken Koblenz 19", HKS Legamax Exhaust, ZTube/Stillen, Grounding Kit, RSR Springs, Tokico DSpec Shocks