Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

JL W7 10"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 05:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JL W7 10"

hey guys...
i never had any experience with W7 subs before. was wondering if i should go with a 10" or a 12" in my trunk. I want to do a stealth setup in the spare wheel well, so i'm guessing 1 W7 should be sufficient. at the same time i'm looking for solid, clean bass with a bit thump...kinda grew out of the hard pounding, windshield rattling kind of bass. any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated.
btw...i have a 6mt coupe
Thanks, Chris

Old 10-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: JL W7 10"

my friend has a 10", it should be more than enough. just make you you have the right box and amp for it

Old 10-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Sound Advice

A ten would be perfect and twelve would be better ;-)

Hope that helps.

Do you hear me?

Old 10-21-2004, 03:39 AM

thanks for the replies...
how is the sound proofing from the trunk and cockpit on the coupes? With my bimmer, i had to fit 2 12" Solobarics just to get the sound i wanted cause the car was soundproofed so well.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Sound Advice

BMW's are notorious for having the cabin so well sealed from the trunk. So yes on that car it takes alot to get sound through. That's why the JL stealth boxes play through the stock speaker locations to get sound in the cabin.

The G coupes are not nearly that sound proofed from the cabin to the trunk. But with that said I still think the best way to do the system in the coupes is to build the box playing through the rear deck directly into the cabin so you wave the waves bouncing off less surfaces before it gets to your ear.

Do you hear me?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.