Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Differences between nissan factory integration versions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Differences between nissan factory integration versions?

I had a Nissan ipod integration system installed a few years ago. Three months ago, it stopped working so I purchased another through ebay. I only needed to switch the control boxes, since that was apparently the damaged part. Everything is working alright. However, I noticed the newer box is controlled slightly different from the older one. The new one allows me to skip songs from the steering wheel while the old one didn't. However, the old one allowed me to go back and forth through the menus (artist, album, etc.) and submenus, using the right toggle switch (seek/track). The new one changes the functionality of that button to a select button and switches the menu selection to the "display" button. This has the disadvantage that you cannot go back if you missed your selection because you were toggling too fast and have to go all the way around the menu again. Pretty bothersome if you have a lot of albums/artists/playlists.

Anyone have any experience or info with this? Is there a way of changing button functionality?

BTW, I have an '03 coupe.