Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wiring LED lights to trunk light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring LED lights to trunk light

Anyone know how to wire LED lights from the normal trunk light? I want to have about 3 LEDs come on when i open my trunk as well as the existing trunk light. I want to put them on an acrylic sub cover.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by erral
Anyone know how to wire LED lights from the normal trunk light? I want to have about 3 LEDs come on when i open my trunk as well as the existing trunk light. I want to put them on an acrylic sub cover.
easy! drop your trunk liner down by removing the couple of clips that hold it up. you will see the wiring for the bulb. tap into the (+) and (-) with wire taps or cut strip and solder. Run both wires down to where you want the leds. now just hook up the pre-wired leds accordingly (+ to + and - to -) (usually red is + and black is -) you can solder here or use crimp connections. if they are bare leds, you will need to use an inline resistor (which one depends on the leds) in the power wire so that the leds can run on a 12v source.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow thats really easy haha... I thought it would be a little more difficult than that. how would I wire the red and blue to like a 4 pin led like:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3097460 ?
That is the one i got.