Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Cold morning. CD skipping probs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I haven't experienced this yet in my G35... although I can tell you that almost all CD players that I've seen will skip when they are cold at temps under 15 degrees.

Fortunately, I drive another car in the winter when the temps are cold... so this issue hasn't affected me firsthand on my G35. Low 40 degree temperatures does seem a bit excessive though to cause skipping.

I've been driving in 30-40 degree temps for the past week and a half and not had any skipping.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced my cd player TWO times cuz that .... hahahaha

When the 3rd one comes up, should I go for lemonlaw?

Old 11-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Mine does it to... all the time. I listen to my Sirius for the first 10 or 15 minutes, and then it's not an issue.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:44 PM
has replacing the unit made a difference?

has replacing the unit made a difference? I find it really annoying everytime this happens. And i don't believe everyone is experiencing this problem! By the way how is XM SAT radio?

Old 11-27-2005, 04:31 AM
i had the problem at first where the left speakers would die out on the cd player after hitting some bumps. i had to wait forever for it to happen when i was near the dealer to show them PROOF. they've heard of the problem before but wouldn't do anything unless i proved it to them. pissed me off.
now i have the cd skipping problem on the cold mornings and sometimes on the CD-Rs. like a lot of g35 owners, i'm really disappointed with the whole quality of the BOSE system in our cars. it should sound better and perform better. but what the hell. i intended to keep the G for a long time but i'm probably gonna upgrade in 2-3 years.

Old 11-27-2005, 04:54 AM
when I used to live in montreal, I always had that problem
no matter the car
all my friends had that problem
it's the condensation

solution: park indoors

Old 02-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Hey did anyone ever get this fixed? I'm having the same issue.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one having this problem! I live in Toronto, Canada, and it's pretty cold up here. I tend to play CD-Rs in my car, and they tend to skip 9 out of 10 times now. I started experiencing this only at the onset of winter in around November. I have an '04 coupe, and funnily enough, I didn't have this problem the prior winter. I called the dealership and told them about the skipping problem, and they said it was because of the cold, and nothing can be done about it. If the skipping issue doesn't go away by end of March, I'm going to assume I have a real problem.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah well i'm kinda irritated with it because my buddy has a Nissan Maxima, 2003 and he says he NEVER has problems...I guess thats what we get for spending 10k more on a car.....a crappy bose cd player huh? Not trying to be a complainer but i would think a high end car wouldnt have issues like these....I've had my car for 2 years and already i've taken it in more times than my prior 4 cars combined for stupid things like this...

Old 02-22-2006, 12:18 PM
I think I'm just going to install my ipod nano in the car using the USA SPEC PA11-NIS. I can't stand the skipping problem anymore.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:43 PM
One time it got really cold here and none of the lights on the radio would turn on.....

Old 02-22-2006, 03:38 PM
If there is skipping in your player, it will not get better in similar weather conditions. These players seem to deteriorate in a pretty normal pattern. When new (or refurbished), they will not skip in the cold or cut out on the left speaker. Give it a few months, and it will start skipping in the cold. I'm on my third Bose-branded POS radio. The first one failed when I parked in a parking garage. The second one failed when I parked in an enclosed garage. To stop the skipping, you either have to just let the player warm up for ten minutes, or hold the cd up to the heat vent for a minute, and then put it in the player. As far as the left speaker cutting out, you have to get a new head-unit if it starts acting up. A thump on the side only works for so long.
The Infiniti dealer that has replaced the first two Bose units said that they are replaced with refurbished units. That really bothers me, because it is a faulty design, and replacing a part in a faulty design still leaves the faulty design in place. Both players lasted about exactly one year before skipping and cutting out on the left front speaker. I have about 11 months left on the current one (by my calculations) before it starts to meltdown. This is the one issue on this car that I am unhappy with, and Infiniti does not pursue a real fix for this. Please start reporting your issues with this radio to Infiniti Consumer Affairs. They need to hear from their customers how dis-satisfying this problem is.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:49 AM
I've never actually used my CD player yet. Thought I'd give it a try this week, but after reading about the skipping problems I think I'll just stick with my iPod until it gets a little warmer!

Old 02-23-2006, 10:12 AM
can we send this thread to infiniti Consumer affairs? anyone know the email? maybe they'll compensate us with a real radio...

Old 02-23-2006, 10:49 AM
nothing to add exept that mine skip like crazy every winter morning allmost my complete 30 min run to work.....

I live in Canada with temp. from 0 to -30 celcius in winter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cold morning. CD skipping probs?