Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Android phone integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Android phone integration

I am debating on what DD HU to go with as I see nothing but apple support for the masses. I plan on using my Android OS phone (Droid2 Global) to stream and my DD HU to control the phone. I am specifically interested in linking my Pandora acct. Any suggestions on DD HU would be great. Also would it be a MUST to get a Metra/JDM kit to do the install? I currently have stock non-bose in my 07. Couldnt I just cut out the shape of the DD HU and install it using the wiring retro-fit kits?

Here is my current gear:

DD HU: Pioneer AVH-P3300BT (waiting for response/suggestions)
JL Audio 8w7 in ported custom box
JL Audio 500/1 mono block amp
JL Audio 300/4 multi-channel amp
6.5" Components (either Alphasonik or Diamond Audio, i prefer soft dome tweeters over sharp noise of Titanium tweeters)

Any help/suggestions with Android OS integration is much appreciated!

Old 03-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by knight007
I am debating on what DD HU to go with as I see nothing but apple support for the masses. I plan on using my Android OS phone (Droid2 Global) to stream and my DD HU to control the phone. I am specifically interested in linking my Pandora acct. Any suggestions on DD HU would be great. Also would it be a MUST to get a Metra/JDM kit to do the install? I currently have stock non-bose in my 07. Couldnt I just cut out the shape of the DD HU and install it using the wiring retro-fit kits?

Here is my current gear:

DD HU: Pioneer AVH-P3300BT (waiting for response/suggestions)
JL Audio 8w7 in ported custom box
JL Audio 500/1 mono block amp
JL Audio 300/4 multi-channel amp
6.5" Components (either Alphasonik or Diamond Audio, i prefer soft dome tweeters over sharp noise of Titanium tweeters)

Any help/suggestions with Android OS integration is much appreciated!
There aren't any headunit that use an android phone as more than a USB mass storage device and use the headunit's USB support features, or you can use one with A2DP bluetooth support and stream that way, you should have next, previous and pause through the headunit, but nothing else or use the 3.5mm through aux and do all control through the android device.

Even if you were to go to great lengths to make your own modifications to the stock trim, you'll still need to shell out the $150+ for a JDM a/c controls, so you might as well save yourself hours of trouble to get a sub-par result and spend the other $150 to get full JDM.

Here's a post on the process of doing that:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...tock-face.html

And about the best result you could hope for:

Old 03-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks pretty clean but yea i see the gaps. So I might as well go with a JDM conversion. Dang that will be a set back on system completion because of that and I might just find someone who would trade my Droid2 Global for iphone4 cause I have to stick with Verizon Wireless. Anyone interested in a trade and also selling a JDM DD conversion kit?