Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Climate control gone wacky

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climate control gone wacky

I have a 2003 G35 sedan. Several months ago my cd changer ate a couple of cd's and became inoperable. Since mostly listening to my ipod anyway, I tried a couple of FM transmitters for the ipod (bad sound quality) and then found that a cassette tape with AV plug into my ipod worked pretty well. However, recently my HVAC has been going wacky on occasion; none of the lights on the panel, including the entertainment system, are lit/the AC fan goes to high/ none of the HVAC or radio buttons are operable/ but the radio mode, volume, etc continue to work on the steering wheel. Suddenly the console lights will come back on and the HVAC will again operate normally (this also happens in the winter with the heater). Since it seems that the radio/cd and HVAC are related, I am wondering if this is caused by the stuck CD's. I am now considering getting a Sony digital receiver DSX-S100 installed as an aftermarket from Fry's and wondering if removal of the factory radio/cd and new wiring (?) may solve the problem. Thanks for any feedback. Just found this forum today.