Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Partial fix for Factory Nav Unit that won't stay up.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Partial fix for Factory Nav Unit that won't stay up.

Yesterday I decided to reinstall my DD setup in to my car. I was wrapping things up and plugging all of the cables in, and as I was about to plug in the gray connector that is used to apply power to the nav motor assy I noticed the nav screen was on inside its housing. I found that quite odd since I haven't seen it working in over a year now. I thought great maybe by sheer luck it fixed itself. As I plugged in the gray connector the display turned off. I pressed the button and it did its same ole thing of coming up and immediately going right back down. So I got to thinking what would happen if I unplugged the the cable while it was cycling up and down, would the display come back on. Sure enough it worked. I now have my navigation back, minus the ability to raise and lower it.

So here it is step by step:

1. Pull out radio/navigation console. (There are plenty of guides out there to help you)
2. While the unit is out turn your ignition on.
3. Locate the gray connector on the back of your nav unit, there should only be one gray connector.
4. Press the button to raise your display up.
5. While the display is rising up, disconnect the gray connector.
6. Gently pull the display the rest of the way up, if you time it right you may not need to pull it the rest of the way up.

I know there are quite a few people who have been having this problem; hopefully this will help you out. If you download the TSB ITB07-021, on figure 3 it shows the gray cable I am talking about if you are unsure.