Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ST800 Smart System: Keyless Entry, Remote Start and Push Button Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ST800 Smart System: Keyless Entry, Remote Start and Push Button Start

Hi guys, I have an 06 G35 coupe premium package, witch already has keyless entry and not push to start but turn to start? Lol. I really want to get something that has a remote start feature. This ST800 Smart System looks pretty good. I was just wondering how much it would cost to buy and get it installed ( a rough estimate would be great ) and if you have had any problems with it.

Thanks

Old 03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm interested in this same bit of information, but by "remote start" I'm lookin for starting the car from a distance. The ST800 looks pretty sweet, though. Can't be too difficult to install o_0

Old 03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
I just got a Viper Smart Start system. I can start/lock/unlock my car from ANYWHERE!!! I am going to go in and re locate the key ignition, and then put a push start in where the current key slot is. Basically making it so if anyone gets in my car they could tech just start it, but I will have 2 kill switches in it. If they can find both haha then they in theory could start my car. But the likely-ness of this happening before my alarm on my car texts me telling me its going off is low. So I can start my car even with the kill switches engaged since its wired in first. Its a Viper smartstart with a GPS tracking tracking device in it.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
to answer your question

st800 will cost you $360 you can get it cheaper if you buy it from me. i am selling one right now on my350z

i also wrote a diy installation for it.

if you want to get it install by a shop then you have to look around it cost anywhere from 200-300. if anyone else wants more than that please take your money and run. There was a shop who quote me 500 dollars for installation. i was like hell no. i do the installation myself and even wrote the installation guide. but then i found a local shop who do it for $200. it took me 2 days to complete the installation. i wish i knew there was a shop here do it for $200

anyways, if you want two ways pager like viper smart start that guitarrocker98 is doing then you have to get the st960 which will cost you $480. you can start the car with your smart phone too. however, dowon tech is having problem with apps store to get it running. lots of legal issue and they are still trying to deal with it right now. it will be done but it will take awhile.

anyways, i heard that viper smart start system need you to pay month subscription in order to control your car with your phone. I am not sure if this is true maybe guitarrocker98 can answer that.

and how much is the viper start start system anyways??

i forgot to mention that with dowon tech st800 and st960 you dont have to use your remote to unlock or lock your car. it has the proximity sensor. all you have to do is walk to the car with your remote control on your and it will unlock your door. it will lock if you walk away from your car.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:34 PM
SSSMasss Is correct if you want the 2 way pager you need the 960. Once again he is correct if they quote you over 300 walk away. I work at a custom auto shop, and I do hundreds of remote starts, that being said I dont like doing them myself. As far as the Viper remote starts go, I paid 189 for the lowest remote start/alarm they had, then 200 for the GPS tacking chip and the module to allow me to start the car from my phone.

As far as pricing the break down is
GPS Premium Secure 3 3 Years $239.99 -----$6.67 per month
GPS Premium Secure 1 1 Year $89.99 -----$7.50 per month
GPS Secure 3 3 Years $179.99 -----$5.00 per month
GPS Secure 1 1 Year $69.99 ------$5.83 per month
Secure 3 3 Years $119.99 -----$3.33 per month
Secure 1 1 Year $49.99 -------$4.17 per month

For about another month or so they have 100 dollars off.

What the GPS secure does is it allows you to know where your car is at all times, know its speed say if your 16 year old kid is driving it, set up a area that if the car leaves you will get a text. Every time my alarm goes off I get a text giving me exact location of it. Its actually a really nice thing. I dont mind paying it, and if my car breaks down they will tow it basically anywhere. So I dont need road road side assistance.

If you have any questions PM me. Im glad to help out.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
get the viper smart start i got it and love it works from anywhere

Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by g35pillow
get the viper smart start i got it and love it works from anywhere
does it comes with push start button and smart key remote like dw-tech products?

i heard some people saying viper is cheaper and you can control it every where but i am not sure if which one is better.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
SSSMasss Is correct if you want the 2 way pager you need the 960. Once again he is correct if they quote you over 300 walk away. I work at a custom auto shop, and I do hundreds of remote starts, that being said I dont like doing them myself. As far as the Viper remote starts go, I paid 189 for the lowest remote start/alarm they had, then 200 for the GPS tacking chip and the module to allow me to start the car from my phone.

As far as pricing the break down is
GPS Premium Secure 3 3 Years $239.99 -----$6.67 per month
GPS Premium Secure 1 1 Year $89.99 -----$7.50 per month
GPS Secure 3 3 Years $179.99 -----$5.00 per month
GPS Secure 1 1 Year $69.99 ------$5.83 per month
Secure 3 3 Years $119.99 -----$3.33 per month
Secure 1 1 Year $49.99 -------$4.17 per month

For about another month or so they have 100 dollars off.

What the GPS secure does is it allows you to know where your car is at all times, know its speed say if your 16 year old kid is driving it, set up a area that if the car leaves you will get a text. Every time my alarm goes off I get a text giving me exact location of it. Its actually a really nice thing. I dont mind paying it, and if my car breaks down they will tow it basically anywhere. So I dont need road road side assistance.

If you have any questions PM me. Im glad to help out.

thanks for the price list bro.

so 189 for the viper system. does this has the push start button and smart key entry system like you dont have to take your remote out to unlock it?

189+ 180 for GPS secure = that is ~ 370 for three year only. If i want to continue with this GPS secure service i have to pay more fee right?

st960 is 480 but no month subscription because you cannot control it with your phone now. but i heard dw-tech is working on it.

I would get the Viper if it got the smart key system and push start button. because they got GPS on my car. I know where it is all the time. the only drawback about this is that i am being control by my own car security. People will know where i'd been all the time. I meant maybe cops,fbi,cia... could monitor where my about by taping into my phone and just use my GPS!!!! It is like i am a prisoner of my own security

Old 03-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by sssmasss
thanks for the price list bro.

so 189 for the viper system. does this has the push start button and smart key entry system like you dont have to take your remote out to unlock it?

189+ 180 for GPS secure = that is ~ 370 for three year only. If i want to continue with this GPS secure service i have to pay more fee right?

st960 is 480 but no month subscription because you cannot control it with your phone now. but i heard dw-tech is working on it.

I would get the Viper if it got the smart key system and push start button. because they got GPS on my car. I know where it is all the time. the only drawback about this is that i am being control by my own car security. People will know where i'd been all the time. I meant maybe cops,fbi,cia... could monitor where my about by taping into my phone and just use my GPS!!!! It is like i am a prisoner of my own security
Those prices are my prices I pay AKA discount prices. I can only use it on me. I think most people charge around 500 for remote start phone module and GPS. then the 300 for the 3 years. There is no push start no smart key. Which is why I am going in and installing it with the kill switches. Now as far as the CIA and FBI and all that are involved, I dont really do illegal things, but Viper wont turn over your records unless you are on trial. It says that in their paper work. It was a concern of mine. I am not one of those crazy conspiracy type people but I didnt like the thought of the big brother kinda thing. That and if I ever an convicted of anything, I have 10-13 pistols and 4 shotguns and AR15, Tommy Gun list goes on and on so I would be looked at REALLY fast. Anyways, if I had to do it all over again I would do a Viper or Compustar they are not proximal sensors at all, in my eyes they are just convience things. Anyways once again if you have questions ask there is also another kit I looked at

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EASYCAR-E7-B...17478a&vxp=mtr

Its just scary at times when its not a name brand and its my alarm ya know?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Those prices are my prices I pay AKA discount prices. I can only use it on me. I think most people charge around 500 for remote start phone module and GPS. then the 300 for the 3 years. There is no push start no smart key. Which is why I am going in and installing it with the kill switches. Now as far as the CIA and FBI and all that are involved, I dont really do illegal things, but Viper wont turn over your records unless you are on trial. It says that in their paper work. It was a concern of mine. I am not one of those crazy conspiracy type people but I didnt like the thought of the big brother kinda thing. That and if I ever an convicted of anything, I have 10-13 pistols and 4 shotguns and AR15, Tommy Gun list goes on and on so I would be looked at REALLY fast. Anyways, if I had to do it all over again I would do a Viper or Compustar they are not proximal sensors at all, in my eyes they are just convience things. Anyways once again if you have questions ask there is also another kit I looked at

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EASYCAR-E7-B...17478a&vxp=mtr

Its just scary at times when its not a name brand and its my alarm ya know?

I am using the easycar e7-B right now for my Z. Actually easycar and dowon-tech is pretty famous in Korea and Asia. We dont know about them because their marketing is not focus here. I got st800 installed on my Z but then got a good deal on easycar e7-b model so installed it on my. i was gonna buy st960 but it is out of my reach at the time. you or any member here can check out my DIY for both system on my350z.com

anyways this guy is better and cheaper. http://www.ebay.com/itm/EasyCar-E7-B...#ht_1254wt_901

he response really fast. Plus i got 2 free systems from him for preferals!!!! Check him out. He works for auto-innovatio which is a dw-tech branch in USA. He got a branch here in SAN DIEGO next to my house. Cool Guy! if anyone want to buy the system please contact him and said sssmasss from the forum prefer you over. That way you got like 10 dollars discount and i got preferal. points.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:16 PM
wow then the cost to own a viper smart system for 3 years is about 800 dollars plus installation? Damn that is way out of my reach.

and how did you get such discount anyway? you work for them right?

Old 03-19-2012, 01:42 AM
No I dont work for Viper, I work for a custom auto shop and since we sold over 500 systems they gave us and everyone on our crew free things. Since I wanted the remote start and an alarm and the GPS with everything else, I had to drop a little but they gave me a steep discount. Like I said im in it like 300 with the subscription.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:16 AM
No I dont work for Viper, I work for a custom auto shop and since we sold over 500 systems they gave us and everyone on our crew free things. Since I wanted the remote start and an alarm and the GPS with everything else, I had to drop a little but they gave me a steep discount. Like I said im in it like 300 with the subscription.

great deal man. Great deal. I actually got 2 system free from the seller on ebay because i preferred customer over to him

i wish he sells viper smart system so that i can ask for it but he does not

Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the info, really help a lot!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy the ST-800 smart push start system

hii there i am new to this forums but i was reading up and i am really looking to get one i have 2005 G35 6spd\
if any one have any suggestions plz let me know thankx

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 02-19-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Keep sales discussions in the marketplace.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ST800 Smart System: Keyless Entry, Remote Start and Push Button Start