Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

no sound from speakers.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no sound from speakers.......

so i get my car back from the body shop ( i was hit where the left rear quarter panel and bumper meet). I picked the car up and drove a few blocks and the sound cuts out completely, no fuzz, no nothing. the head unit works fine just the sound in every mode.

and thoughts???

Old 07-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check the amp fuse, could be wiring too, I have seen many body shop repairs that ignored the wiring altogether...

The following users liked this post:
adman101 (07-06-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Bose amp for the coupe is located in the rear driver's side by the spare tire, it may have been damaged in the accident, or was disconnected for the body work. Check the harness, and if it's connected properly, I'd notify the shop that did the work, as it is damage that was incurred in the accident that should be covered under the same deductible that the rest of the work was done under.

adman101 (07-06-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 12:08 AM
will do. it was working after the accident perfectly fine but i know its there fault. so i just need to pull that plastic covering up right?

Old 07-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

adman101 (07-06-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Bose amp for the coupe is located in the rear driver's side by the spare tire, it may have been damaged in the accident, or was disconnected for the body work. Check the harness, and if it's connected properly, I'd notify the shop that did the work, as it is damage that was incurred in the accident that should be covered under the same deductible that the rest of the work was done under.

they said they might have left the trunk open to long and the battery died foimr the trunk light being on to long....i need an easy way to find the problem ( head unit or amp) everything functions properly but no sound. Infiniti here said theres no popping when i turn it on so it might not be the amp.....a weird thing also happened, I was sitting in a parking lot and the car turned off. All of a sudden, the head unit says insert CD for a couple seconds then goes back of I dont get it hahaha

Old 07-06-2012, 11:30 AM
*** I turned the car off****

Old 07-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Have you checked the harness at the amp yet?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Have you checked the harness at the amp yet?
yes i have tried that and checked fuses. but everything is ok except no sound....Its not the problem where it cuts in and out every once in a while when i hit a bump, its out for good lol
infiniti told me it was 70$ to do a diagnostic and figure it out and free if i have them fix it but i dont want to pay 500-1000 dollars for a new HU from them when i can pick a double din up for less.

is there any specific signs is could be the amp or the HU?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

I've never seen HU failure where it fails to produce sound from either source (CD, radio) but works fine in every other way.

Where the radio worked before the shop got their hands on it, and doesn't now, I'd get somebody who has the maturity to tell the shop that this is their fault, and that you expect to have it fixed at no charge to yourself in a timely manner. Where the amp sits in the same location that the body work was done, they should have no problem charging it to the same insurance that paid for the body work.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:07 AM
I've never seen HU failure where it fails to produce sound from either source (CD, radio) but works fine in every other way.

Where the radio worked before the shop got their hands on it, and doesn't now, I'd get somebody who has the maturity to tell the shop that this is their fault, and that you expect to have it fixed at no charge to yourself in a timely manner. Where the amp sits in the same location that the body work was done, they should have no problem charging it to the same insurance that paid for the body work.
the things is I paid for the work haha because the guy bailed and we could find him to put charges on him....but the HU turned on when the car was off, ???? so i think its the HU. I will make the body shop pay for the diagnostic, and if its the HU I found a circuit panel on ebay for 80$ that I will buy if thats the matter

Old 07-07-2012, 02:52 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Body shop paying for the diagnostic seems fair. I'd recommend not spending $80 for a panel though. If it was your headunit's bad power circuits that fried the first one, I wouldn't give it another to destroy.

I recommend just saving for aftermarket.

In fact, if you can get the $70 up front from the shop for the diagnostic fee, and put the $80 that would have gone towards a new circuit board, you can get a cheap single-din headunit and the metra kit as a combo deal from crutchfield.com for a little more. Being a bose-equipped car, however, you will need a $40 PAC ROEM-NIS2 to go with it (amazon's cheaper than crutchfield).

I quickly spec'd out an order on crutchfield, starting with this radio:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT26...X-GT260MP.html

You'll want the antenna adapter they recommend ($6) and the discounted trim ($119) but skip the wiring harness, as the PAC ROEM-NIS2 (from amazon) you'll use instead will take its place.
Total from crutchfield: $182.97
From amazon, about $40

So roughly $225 for it.

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 07-07-2012 at 03:01 AM.
adman101 (07-07-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Body shop paying for the diagnostic seems fair. I'd recommend not spending $80 for a panel though. If it was your headunit's bad power circuits that fried the first one, I wouldn't give it another to destroy.

I recommend just saving for aftermarket.

In fact, if you can get the $70 up front from the shop for the diagnostic fee, and put the $80 that would have gone towards a new circuit board, you can get a cheap single-din headunit and the metra kit as a combo deal from crutchfield.com for a little more. Being a bose-equipped car, however, you will need a $40 PAC ROEM-NIS2 to go with it (amazon's cheaper than crutchfield).

I quickly spec'd out an order on crutchfield, starting with this radio:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT26...X-GT260MP.html

You'll want the antenna adapter they recommend ($6) and the discounted trim ($119) but skip the wiring harness, as the PAC ROEM-NIS2 (from amazon) you'll use instead will take its place.
Total from crutchfield: $182.97
From amazon, about $40

So roughly $225 for it.

thank you so much for you help! I am thinking about going aftermarket with a double idn but might go with the single.... if i go double withe double do i still need the PAC and the antenna?

and could you kindly point me in the direction of the metra kit? thank!!!

Last edited by adman101; 07-07-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by adman101
thank you so much for you help! I am thinking about going aftermarket with a double idn but might go with the single.... if i go double withe double do i still need the PAC and the antenna?

and could you kindly point me in the direction of the metra kit? thank!!!
yes, you still need them . crutchfield will ask you to add it, otherwise just check the shopping list stickied at the top of the forum .

Old 07-07-2012, 10:20 AM
yes, you still need them . crutchfield will ask you to add it, otherwise just check the shopping list stickied at the top of the forum .
sorry my bad. does this look good? (still need the PAC) still deciding on your single din or a double but if i can get the shop to pay for it im gunna get a double

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/cart/default.aspx?wm=tn1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: no sound from speakers.......