Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Any way to do this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any way to do this?

Tried looking in the electronic part of the forum. didnt find anything. Is there anyway to have an AUX port installed my car with out having to (05' G coupe) replace the head unit? If not are there certain output requirments the unit needs to have to be up to par with the current system? (I have the bose) thanks guys

Old 08-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Look up the PA15-NIS
Its what I have installed in my 03 Bose headunit. I have an AUX input and an IPOD adapter input. Works great

Old 08-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by jbwrecked
Look up the PA15-NIS
Its what I have installed in my 03 Bose headunit. I have an AUX input and an IPOD adapter input. Works great
I'm going to have to take my Bose head unit out of my 2003 coupe have it repaired and then reinstall it. Seems like the perfect time to do this install.. Will the PA15-NIS just plug right up to the back of the radio? (I have a SAT button but have never installed the SAT cable nor trunk receiver.) Does it work with the steering wheel controls and does it display song names? I know that if I did a search I could find all this info but...since you just recommended it thought I'd just ask you. Thanks!!!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Mine did just plug into the back. Yes to the steering wheel controls. Yes I do have the SAT button as well. Yes it does display the song names. Only thing is... you gotta do some research on the DIP switches on the back of the unit. Some allow you to display song names and the other allows you to switch the controls to the ipod instead of the HU and it just gets really confusing. And no problem

Old 08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
So you can use the PA15-NIS if you have the Sat radio wiring even if your G doesn't have the actual Sat unit?

Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
I'm going to have to take my Bose head unit out of my 2003 coupe have it repaired and then reinstall it. Seems like the perfect time to do this install.. Will the PA15-NIS just plug right up to the back of the radio? (I have a SAT button but have never installed the SAT cable nor trunk receiver.) Does it work with the steering wheel controls and does it display song names? I know that if I did a search I could find all this info but...since you just recommended it thought I'd just ask you. Thanks!!!
The cost of repair + the PA15-NIS is really close to a cheap headunit with AUX inputs and the cheap metra trim kit.

The NIS plugs into the back of the radio, the PA15-INFI to the satellite connector in the trunk.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by adamj27
So you can use the PA15-NIS if you have the Sat radio wiring even if your G doesn't have the actual Sat unit?
Yes.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
The cost of repair + the PA15-NIS is really close to a cheap headunit with AUX inputs and the cheap metra trim kit.

The NIS plugs into the back of the radio, the PA15-INFI to the satellite connector in the trunk.
I also have the factory nav unit and am interested in keeping the car stock. I agree with you that it would make sense to replace the head unit and nav with a multifunction screen unit.

I cannot believe that a new Bose head unit costs min. $1700. Is it worth it NO!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.