Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM satellite part number confusion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
XM satellite part number confusion

I've done enough research to fully confuse myself as to what I need to be looking for.

Have now had my 2006 G35x for two weeks. I've really enjoyed listening to it, but I guess it's time to try to start turning on the radio some :-) It's a stock Bose system with no satellite.

Wife's car has XM. So that's what I need to get to piggyback on account. I have a hearing disability, so super fine audio is a waste; satellite works fine for me even though it's a compressed signal. These are the part numbers I've gotten from various sources that near as I can tell are compatible:

999U9-AS003
999U9-AS005
999U9-NV003

I've found the 15-page dealer-installed accessory satellite radio installation instructions for the 2006 sedan. It lists part no. 999U9-AS003 for the tuner.

Web search has turned up references that 999U9-AS003 has been replaced by 999U9-AS005?

Somewhere along the way I picked up a reference that a 999U9-NV003 (a Nissan unit?) would also work.

Antenna: I've seen in the various threads that many people just put the antenna "puck" on the parcel deck behind the rear seats and for most it seems the signal gets through the rear window fine. That is a much easier approach than the method of routing it to the roof above the rear window that is outlined in the installation instructions. In which case, does the choice of antenna make much difference?

XM antenna kit for dealer accessory install is 999U9-VS000. There is also a low profile antenna kit that is listed for 2005 sedan: 999U9-VQ014. I'm wondering how this differs and would it work for me? I can't find any images of it to know what it is.

I'd love to have some clarity on these part numbers and compatibility so if I find something used here or on eBay I get the right thing. Failing that, I'm OK buying a new unit if I know it will work.

Thanks for any assistance provided.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
I've done enough research to fully confuse myself as to what I need to be looking for.

Have now had my 2006 G35x for two weeks. I've really enjoyed listening to it, but I guess it's time to try to start turning on the radio some :-) It's a stock Bose system with no satellite.

Wife's car has XM. So that's what I need to get to piggyback on account. I have a hearing disability, so super fine audio is a waste; satellite works fine for me even though it's a compressed signal. These are the part numbers I've gotten from various sources that near as I can tell are compatible:

999U9-AS003
999U9-AS005
999U9-NV003

I've found the 15-page dealer-installed accessory satellite radio installation instructions for the 2006 sedan. It lists part no. 999U9-AS003 for the tuner.

Web search has turned up references that 999U9-AS003 has been replaced by 999U9-AS005?

Somewhere along the way I picked up a reference that a 999U9-NV003 (a Nissan unit?) would also work.

Antenna: I've seen in the various threads that many people just put the antenna "puck" on the parcel deck behind the rear seats and for most it seems the signal gets through the rear window fine. That is a much easier approach than the method of routing it to the roof above the rear window that is outlined in the installation instructions. In which case, does the choice of antenna make much difference?

XM antenna kit for dealer accessory install is 999U9-VS000. There is also a low profile antenna kit that is listed for 2005 sedan: 999U9-VQ014. I'm wondering how this differs and would it work for me? I can't find any images of it to know what it is.

I'd love to have some clarity on these part numbers and compatibility so if I find something used here or on eBay I get the right thing. Failing that, I'm OK buying a new unit if I know it will work.

Thanks for any assistance provided.
Putting the puck on the rear shelf cuts its available view of satellites, but you'll still have view straight up and out the back. I'd completely support trying out the rear shelf though, if reception sucks, I'd even try on the front dash (under the dash by where the factory GPS receiver is) before I'd stick the antenna on the exterior of my vehicle.

The following users liked this post:
G2B35AGN (04-15-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Bumping this with a report, the rest of the story, and a request.

Report: Bought a used 999U9-NV003 tuner on eBay. It fits the 2006 G35x trunk mount even though it is most often associated with a Nissan 350Z. Plugged in fine. Bose premium head unit indicated its presence, but all I was getting was "loading." But I can confirm it fits fine.

The Rest of the Story: Unfortunately, it was packed extremely poorly for shipping, and it appears it arrived DOA. Couldn't get to Channel 1. Tried an on-line refresh, but since it hadn't yet been added to my account, it couldn't be refreshed automagically. Got XM tech services on the phone. They indicated when trying to activate that they could confirm the antenna was connecting with the unit, but the unit was not accepting the signal, and in their terminology, it was "defective."

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 04-15-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Soliciting sales not allowed in discussion forums.