Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

OEM Bluetooth still interfering with ASWC-1 Module?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
You never put the ASWC in the trunk. The only thing you do in the trunk is connect those three pairs of wires together. Once those wires are together, the install is just like every other G35 that never had bluetooth.

I have a question and I hope you can help. I have a 06 G35 Coupe with factory bluetooth and navigation. So from what I understand, this is what I have to do correct?

1. Wire AWSC to the M39 harness (as shown in the diagram you put up in another thread). I did this by splicing the M39 harness and connecting the ASWC wires by twisting them. I then added electrical tape.
2. I need to bypass the bluetooth module in order to get the Metra ASWC steering wheel harness to work. I need to connect Yellow with yellow, red with red and green with green in the bluetooth module.

My question after is, will the steering wheel control plug (shown in the picture I attached) need to be plugged in somewhere? Or simply by bypassing the bluetooth module, and wiring the ASWC and M39 harness properly will the ASWC steering wheel controls work?