Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bypassing Bose Amplifier 03-04 G35

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Bypassing Bose Amplifier 03-04 G35

Finally, a complete Bose Amplifier Bypassing Tutorial!

This tutorial will allow you to use the stock speaker wires for 2/3/4/5 Channel amp installs and standard speaker replacement installs without an amplifier. I will not be covering the stock Bose subwoofer. If you are using this tutorial I highly recommend either removing the Bose subwoofer or leaving it in place and not connecting it to your aftermarket setup.

There are 5 pictures attached to this tutorial. From Left to Right: Bose Front Speakers, Bose Rear Speakers, Stock speaker wiring Input/Output Lineup, Stock Speaker wire input, Stock Speaker wire output.

.................................................. .................................................. .............................

SPEAKER INSTALL NO AMP

If you want to replace your speakers and are NOT installing an amp follow this next section.

1. Disconnect the wire harness from the Bose amp

***(2003 Models only have one harness. Some Bose Amps have an input harness and a separate output harness) For Bose amps with two harnesses the steps will be the same but your wire colors may vary and you will need to find the factory diagrams similar to the ones I have attached for the 03-04 G35.

2. Identify the output wires vs the input wires. The inputs have the wire shielding around them. The outputs have no additional shielding. See pictures for reference.

*** Not all unshielded wires will be used for this bypass. A couple go to the Bose Subwoofer etc. I have identified, in my wonderful paint diagram the wires needed.

3. At this point you should be looking at my Microsoft Paint diagram. It identifies the Positive/Negative wires and to which speakers each wire applies.

4. You will need 8 pieces of wire approx 8" in length. The Stock wiring should be 18 gauge so you will need 18 gauge or 16 gauge wire to complete this install. Do not go smaller as you will limit the amount of power being delivered to your speakers.

4. There are several ways you can bridge the wires. You can use inline wire taps, solder the connections, cut all wires from the harness and crimp or simply trim away the shielding and wrap the wire around and tape. I DO NOT recommend the last suggestion but some of us don't always have the resources/skills available to solder or tap.

*** Downside of cutting all wires from the harness is that it can be a pain in the a$$ to reconnect the harness in the event you need to go back to stock.

5. Example Bridge: Front Left (Driver Side) You will connect the POSITIVE WHITE WIRE TO THE POSITIVE LIGHT BLUE WIRE. Connect the NEGATIVE BLACK WIRE TO THE BLACK WITH WHITE STRIPE WIRE.

*** If memory serves me correctly there are one or two wires of the same color. If you pay attention and remember that the input wires have the white shielding you will be able to determine which is which. Also, the neg/pos wire pins are located next to each other on the harness. Therefore, if you think the negative wire pin position is on the furthest left position on the harness and the positive is on the furthest right position you are wrong.

6. Once you have made all connections DO NOT RECONNECT THE HARNESS TO THE STOCK BOSE AMP!!! Doing so can blow your speakers or burn up your amp causing a fire!!!

.................................................. .................................................. ...............................

SPEAKER INSTALL w/ AMP

*** Your amp must have a speaker level input for this portion.*** You can use a Line Output Converter but I'm not going to explain that on this tutorial as it has been explained many times over. You can use my diagrams to determine which wires you will need however!

On this portion of the tutorial the steps will be similar EXCEPT you will not be bridging the wires directly. Instead think of your amp as the bridge between the wires. Here's how.

1. Identify the HU input speaker wires.

2. Identify the FR, FL, RR, RL speaker wire colors on your speaker level input harness for your specific amplifier.

***Some amps will have 6 channel input capability. Your stock HU does not have 6 channel output capability! Your aftermarket HU may or may not. If your aftermarket has 6 channel output, and you want dedicated tweeter input/output, you will need to run additional speaker wire from the rear of the NEW HU to the multichannel amp for the Tweeters ONLY. You can use the stock wires for the other door speakers. You will also need to run speaker wire from the output side of the amp to the tweeters themselves. This tutorial is for the basic setup. So I will not go into any more detail about 6 channel capabilities.

3. Connect the HU input wires to the appropriate speaker level input harness wires for your amp. You can extend the stock speaker wires using 18 ga wires if your amp will be mounted in another location within your trunk than the original Bose amp location. Again, either solder (recommended) or use inline wire taps to make your connections.

(For those that don't understand #3. Your 18 ga wire length between your amp and the stock wires will depend on where you mount your amp. The further away from the Bose harness you mount it the longer the wires will need to be. Connect one end of your added wire to the stock HU input, run it to the amp location and connect it to the appropriate speaker level input wire.

4. Your speaker level input harness should come with a diagram identifying FR, FL, RR, RL etc. If you bought it used, check the manufacturer’s website for the manual.

5. Finish all HU input to Speaker level input harness connections and plug-in the speaker level input harness to your amplifier.

6. The same procedure applies to your output terminals on the amp. Run wires from each channel to the appropriate Bose Output Speaker wires. In other words on the output terminal of the amp look for the screw that says FR + FR- and run wires from those terminals to the FR+ FR- stock output wires on the Bose Amp harness. Again solder or inline tap the connections.

***Remember your tweeters and front speakers are powered by the same wires.

7. Complete your amp output to Bose Output connections.

***It's one big loop if you like to picture things. Speaker wire from HU connects to additional speaker wire you cut to appropriate length, connected to amp speaker level harness, then separate added wire you cut to appropriate length ran from amp output terminals back to Bose amp output wires which run to the speakers in the doors.

8. Connect GREEN/WHITE wire from the Bose harness to the Amp Turn on terminal of your amplifier.

9. Again, DO NOT CONNECT YOUR BOSE HARNESS TO THE BOSE AMP! Fire risk applies again!
.................................................. .................................................. .............................

I hope this tutorial helps and if anything is confusing please let me know and I will edit this post to reflect a better description. DO NOT read this tutorial and NOT look at the Bose amp harness and then proceed to ask questions. This is the simplest explanation I can give. I will try to get a real world picture completed when my 4 channel arrives and show the setup.

For you lazy F*ckers you actually have to look at the stock equipment! Walkthrough this guide slowly and look at the d*mn pictures, it helps!!!

Please ask questions in this post so others can see the solutions!!! If you PM me I will answer you in the forum and not with a PM! I do understand that people are not audiophiles and I expect questions, but please make an attempt before asking Qs!

***I borrowed a few pictures from the following G35 tutorial. This is also the tutorial that helped me get started but it wasn't a complete guide. ***

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...rams-pics.html

The following 4 users liked this post by SergeantRed:
Aikiden (12-10-2021), fisherking (09-09-2017), JaE35 (07-25-2022), Phteven (03-31-2014)
Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Bose Amp Pics

Here are the pics, OOPS!

Attached Thumbnails Bypassing Bose Amplifier 03-04 G35-bose-front-right-speaker-wiring.jpg   Bypassing Bose Amplifier 03-04 G35-bose-rear-speaker-wiring.jpg   Bypassing Bose Amplifier 03-04 G35-bose-amp-input-output.png   Bypassing Bose Amplifier 03-04 G35-input.jpg   Bypassing Bose Amplifier 03-04 G35-output.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
fisherking (09-09-2017)
Old 07-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im kinda lost, read it numerous times. I'm using new HU and Speakers also bypassing the BOSE amp. So, if I'm using this tutorial do I Still use the harness for Nissan, or do I use new wires to hook Power / ground from the HU. Then use new wires for speakers as your diagram. Also from the head unit, am i adding new wires to the out or input, but if im correct you meant to say strip both input and output together then add new wires from there to head unit right? Srry if im confusing ya but if i cant get it right i will just hook it straight to speakers without using the stock harness. Thanks in advance

Nvm i got it to work. Wires was different colors on my 2004 coupe. Great write up btw.

Last edited by reaperstk; 07-03-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I did this amp bypass over the weekend on my 2007 coupe.

The colors were a little different but the FSM cleared up that issue.

Bye bye pos Bose head unit and amp, hello Sony head unit powering the speakers directly. I am no audiophile and just wanted something to hook my iphone up to and have music while cruising. I will say the sound is noticeably better then stock even with the tiny wires and stock speakers.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
If the amp has Four +/- signals coming in and four +/- signals coming out and the front are split to the door speakers and tweeters, what happens with the rear signals?
Are they split to the rear side and read deck speakers in parallel? (like the front door and tweeters)