Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:38 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Please help!!!

well i am in need of some help here guys and gals.... I finally got my wheels back after 8 weeks and on my way into town my radio/cd player was working perfict. i had to reset everything because of the dead battery but everything was working...... i stopped to put some fresh 93 in the tank and when i started my car back up and began to drive off i noticed my cd player wasn t playing... i look down and it was flashing check disc..... well it ejects cds and loads them fine but when i go to play them its trys to load and just starts blinking the check disc on every one of the 6 discs...... please help me guys i cant stand just the radio..... it worked fine one sec and the next it wont read..... please help ....

Old 05-31-2013, 09:54 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Sounds like dust or dirt of some kind on the lens, buy a cleaning disc and try that before tearing into it.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:54 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Another possible solution is to remove the negative wire from the battery for approx 15 secs and reconnect it. Sometimes the radio needs to be reset again. I agree with Texasscout but try the neg first as it's an even cheaper check. Depending on the year of your G it may be that the radio is starting to crap out. Let me know what you discover from these checks and we can continue troubleshooting if necessary.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.