Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Basslink Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basslink Installed

I went with the Infinity Basslink because I wanted something to fill in the bass that the Bose system was missing and also becuase my hearing is going bad so I didn't want anything that would shatter windows. Well the install was easy and it works great. This was exactly what I was looking for to compliment the Bose system and I am very happy with it. I have one problem though, everytime I start the car or shut the car off I get this loud 'thump' from the speakers. I don't know what it is. I didn't connect the remote turn on because I spliced in to the rear output speakers. Could that be the cause? Everything is connected properly and I can't figure out why it's making that sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-17-2005, 06:13 PM
I used to love it when customers would come in and say something is wrong with their system. They would swear that everything was wired up correctly. I would think to my self "YEAH RIGHT!" When I get out to the car to see whats up I'd encounter a mess of wires. I don't miss retail electronics scene one bit!

Old 02-18-2005, 12:23 PM
yea thanks for your help, your comments doesn't help me at all. A hole

Last edited by ][ron|2icE; 02-19-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:54 AM
I think the thump is an artifact of the Basslink's auto on/off sensor. I.e., when it is getting a signal from the speaker wires, it turns itself on (thump), and when the signal disappears for a period of time, it turns itself off (thump). If you search the "Basslink" threads you'll find this mentioned. There may be an alternative setting where it is always "on" (hence no thumps) but I could be completely wrong about this. I'm planning to get a Basslink so your question is my question. I'm surprised no one smarter than us has posted a helpful reply.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:01 PM
► Matt ◄
Loud thump eh? I have a basslink in my coupe, but makes no thump at all. However I did have it installed through the place that did my system in my previous car. I know they went through the line level outputs in the rear speakers. Maybe your should take your car to a local stero shop and just ask them to check it over for you. If its already installed it shouldn't cost much at all.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Hmm I see. Thanks guys. I just spliced the basslink to the rear output lines and left the system on autoon. I'll tap the remote turn on and see if there is a difference.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Well I hooked up the remote turn on and turned off the auto on and the sound is gone. Thanks guys, I'm very happy with the basslink, not too loud but gives a great umph to the bass. Oh and CLS, the wire were hooked up right.

Old 02-20-2005, 03:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry but what a waste of money...IMO

Old 02-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by ][ron|2icE
yea thanks for your help, your comments doesn't help me at all. A hole
Man don't things soo seriously. Life may just pass you up.

Sundeviljay, I agree with you, waste of money.

Old 02-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Whatever, waste of money?
$200 for Infinity Basslink
$20 for wires
Adding bass without blowing out my ear drums.... priceless.
I think it's worth every penny.

Old 02-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How is a Basslink a waste of money?
Best bang for the buck...IMO. You don't have to buy a separate amp and buy/fab an eclosure. Still gives good bass. I love mine. I have one in both of my cars.

The original poster was looking for help with his wiring issue. CLS and sundeviljay's comments did nothing to help this guy.

][ron|2icE, your advise will help others. As for the @$$clowns, just ignore them.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by skaline
How is a Basslink a waste of money?
Best bang for the buck...IMO. You don't have to buy a separate amp and buy/fab an eclosure. Still gives good bass. I love mine. I have one in both of my cars.

The original poster was looking for help with his wiring issue. CLS and sundeviljay's comments did nothing to help this guy.

][ron|2icE, your advise will help others. As for the @$$clowns, just ignore them.
I totally agree skaline. I mean I came in here for help and all this fookface does is talk smack. Oh well, **** them. Anyways, the problem with my basslink is fixed and I hope this thread will help anyone that is getting one.