Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wrathernaut please help with aswc-1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wrathernaut please help with aswc-1

wrathernaut....thanks a million for your guides....was very helpful in doing my DD install with Pioneer AVH-4100nex....I am hoping you might know why I cannot get the ASWC-1 to work in my 07 coupe .....I have been on phone twice with the tech help....the aswc is not "seeing" my pin 4 and pin 13 wires

Old 09-17-2015, 05:40 PM
think i solved my problem....I'm a dummy

I think I have solved my problem....no signal coming through the steering control wires because I ripped out the telephone control module in the trunk thinking I didn't need it....after studying the service manual, with the bluetooth phone the control wires for volume etc. go to the telephone control module first and then back to the head unit versus cars without the phone option the controls go directly to the head unit....of course dummy me I threw the module in the trash and it is long gone....had to order another one on ebay

Old 09-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
yep. i was testing steering wheel controls and without the telephony device installed the steering wheel control buttons for the radio do not work

Old 09-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
For those with the same issue, you just splice the matching red, green and yellow wires on the bluetooth harness to each other to bypass it. If you leave the factory bluetooth adapter in there, it will continue functioning and intercepting steering wheel control functions that you want to go to the headunit.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:08 PM
just as Wrathernaut says....I actually tried that prior to the replacement telephone module being delivered and it worked!!...so now I don't even need the telephone module.....still in the box

The following users liked this post:
Wrathernaut (09-23-2015)