Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Bose HU only reads first couple of songs on MP3 Cd

Old 10-24-2016, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose HU only reads first couple of songs on MP3 Cd

Hey guys! I'm having issues recently with mp3 cds in my 2006 with stock bose HU. I burned the same mp3 cd with 60ish songs twice. The HU only reads the first 33 songs of the first cd and the first 17 songs of the 2nd one.

I used Windows to burn the first one and I used Ashampoo Burning Studio to burn the 2nd one. I used Nero to burn a 3rd one but the HU won't even read it at all but it was burned in UDF so that might be the issue with this one.

I have used mp3 cds for over a year now and it used to work just fine but now it doesn't for no clear reasons. Anyone had similar issues?

UPDATE: I finally figured out what was wrong. It was simply the blank cd brand I was using. I was using Verbatim cds and I switched to Sony and now it works just fine!

Last edited by xxinsanityxx; 11-03-2016 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Fixed the problem
Old 10-25-2016, 02:15 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
The factory radio was pretty poor at reading burned CDs when it was new, and it's just one of the many failures that are pretty common on these radios.

Go aftermarket and be done with the factory radio.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.