Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Upgrade Bose stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 07:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrade Bose stereo

This is for a coupe with a Bose setup, But I'd like to see sedans for inspiration. I would appreciate any write up and pictures for anyone that has replaced their speakers and amplifier. I'm looking to tap into the harness at the amp for the input, run a dedicated power wire to one multichannel amp or two amps as I'm contemplating adding a sub(s) to my system.

I have the wiring diagram, and extra amplifiers and all the goodies from my previous cars, but I will keep the factory bose CD in the dash and build around it. I would also like to know if there's any wiring kits availabe so that I can plug into the harness and use those wires without stripping the original wires.

I would prefer bypassing the bose amp and using the signal from there to drive my amps and adding new speaker wires for the runs. I just don't know if I want a dedicated box for subs in the trunk as I would loose space (hint: pictures!)

Any pictures or insights would be appreciated. Thanks!

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by rstark on 05/11/03 04:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 05-12-2003, 05:37 AM
Re: Upgrade Bose stereo

anyone?

-Rick

Old 06-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Re: Upgrade Bose stereo

I have done a litle looking into this myself. The best insight i can give you is a store I frequent in NY says they will make rca outs from the inside of the Bose radio at the preamp section. I dont want to lose the controls or the look either so to me this sounds like the best way to go.