Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

06 Coupe Intelligent key issue???

Old 01-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 Coupe Intelligent key issue???

I have an 06 Premium coupe. recently installed new head unit and amp, bypassing the Bose amp in trunk and tapping into the speaker wiring from there. Ran power wire from battery down passenger side, RCA wiring i ran down the middle through the center console. So these are the areas of the car I partially disassembled or worked in to do the install. Intelligent was working perfect before install. now, every function inside and outside the car works fine from the remote, trunk and doors. the exception is the ignition does not recognize or find the key, unless I hold the fob right up to the ignition. once the car is started, I get the warning tone as if the key is away from the car, and the light flashes. If I hold the key back up to the ignition, light goes away. midway through driving, the light starts flashing again on the dash. this is driving me nuts, what is going on? yes, I put new batteries in the fob.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.