Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

No speakerphone audio after (stock) head unit swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No speakerphone audio after (stock) head unit swap

Hi...
Last year, the stock changer in my 06 sedan quit. I bought a secondhand unit and swapped it in. Since then, I get no phone audio at all through the system. The light by the mic flashes and then goes solid as always, and the phone says it's connected...I just cant hear anything. No other caller, no voice responses from the unit, no beeps. Music plays fine. I pulled the unit and everything appears to be connected.

Ideas? Is it possible that, if the head unit came from a vehicle without a speakerphone that the head unit doesn't support it? It DOES, I seem to remember, mute the music when a call comes in...So something seems to be working.

UPDATE: I've confirmed with the seller that the donor vehicle had a speakerphone as well. He didn't indicate that he had any problems with the phone.

Many thanks!!

Michael

Last edited by Alphecca; 02-20-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, so bumping this, in hopes that someone has a suggestion to get it fixed...OR can suggest an alternative OTHER than a rechargable unit that goes on the visor. I don't want to have to worry about remembering to turn something on/off or charging it. I would just use the speakerphone in my phone, but that just doesn't work well enough. Would love to get the factory unit working.

Thanx again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.