Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

FS/ WTB/ trade??? help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FS/ WTB/ trade??? help!

alright guys, need some help...
here is my situation (please bear with me)
1) just bought my G35c w/ bose stereo
2) because of this dont have much to spend ($200)
3) have MTX Thunder302 and 2 JLaudio 10w6's in box

my dillema is that I am unsatisfied with the bose system-in order of importance to me:
can't get enough bass
can't get enough volume
shaking in rear deck (still not sure if its the speaker or just rattling)
clarity is not all that great

I am guessing i can hook up my old system (sub and amp) to get better bass and take some bass congestion out of the speakers to get better volume and clarity....but the two subs in the box are huge and cant afford that much trunk room. another problem is that one of the subs (although working) is torn around the outside probably giving up some punch. i would much rather have less bass w/ greater tightness rather than loud boomy bass. i dont need to shatter the windshield but would like more than the bose offers.

so...as i see it now i have a couple of options:
1) sell the subs and amp and use this money to do something else that would help out my problem. ie: new speakers, components, speaker amp???
2) possibly trade the sub and amp for something above.
3) take apart the sub box and only use one of the subs to give me more trunk room and swing it to make it work.
4) do nothing! wait till i can spend more money.

ok guys: what do you think i should do...which of my options sounds best or do you have any other options to offer. and if one of the first 2 options, what should i get for the price i'm looking for. i know i cant really solve all the problems, but i think at least something would tie me over for a while till i have more money to spend.
also: how easy is it to hook up my sub and amp to the existing bose sytem.

if you've read this far, thank you!

Old 02-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Sound Advice
You have some great subs. Build a custom box and put them both in.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:53 PM
since one of your subs is torn, i would try to sell them which would be hard or trade them. If i were you, i would save some money and put a system together slowly peice by peice. try to sell your subs, box and amp. and with the $200 and the money for that you should be able to buy new subs and amps ( new amp because MTX isnt the best quality wise, my personal opinion). then later when you get more money get components and then speaker amp. and then DD kit and new head unit if you really want, or just an equalizer. thats the route i will be taking, i dont like the look of a new headunit so will go with an equalizer. Diamond Audio hex series components and TDX subs, and D6 series amps. All diamond stuff for me, a little pricey but well worth it.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:55 PM
yes i do have some great subs, thx, its just that one of them is blown open around part of the end--so its not that great, and they are in a box now...just too big!!!
what would you suggest for a custom box? not quite up on this stuff. plus, how is installation? do i need to go to the HU or can i do it from the bose amp in the trunk?

Old 02-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm selling some 12" JL W4's with box!!! The subs are in great condition and really bump!
$200 w/box!!! PM me if interested

Old 02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
thx symalik, might do that

keep the suggestions coming!!