Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Bag Light Flashing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Bag Light Flashing

I just had a couple of amplifiers installed in my car along with new speakers. But for some reason my Air Bag Light on the dash is flashing. The install place tells me this is normal with some cars when the power has been disconnected for some time and that it might reset by itself. Well it hasn't reset and I can find no proof that the light would come on if the battery is disconnected for a period of time. Now my question is do I have to take the car back to Infiniti to reset the fault or do you guys think that a wire may not be hooked up correctly. I did check the Air Bag fuse and it's fine. I peered underneath the dash without taking it apart and I cannot find any obvious wires handing disconnected.

Anyone got any ideas? I can't make it back to the audio shop for a few days but I sure would feel happier if my Air Bag light wasn't continually flashing at me.

Thanks in advance

Old 03-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Usually that flashes if the battery WASN'T disconnected during some sort of install where certain wires are disconnected. You can clear the light yourself. I believe the steps are:

1. with car turned off
2. put key in and turn it enough to enable accessories (don't actually start the engine)
3. when the air bag light comes on, then turns off (or starts to blink), turn car off
4. count at least 3 seconds
5. repeat steps 3-4 three times

Timing is important. If this doesn't work, you might try searching www.my350z.com for "air bag light" on the proper procedure as this is off the top of my head and the timing may not be right.

If the light comes on again after you do this, you should take it to the dealer.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:45 PM
You guys are great, thanks for the advice. I found the old posting and it worked !!

Try this to reset the light:
1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON
2. Within 1 second after bag warning light is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off ignition switch.
3. After ignition switch is turned off, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times (Perform 3 times in total)
5. Turn ignition switch ON again.

Now you are in diagnostic mode.

Hopefully you will now see the air bag light stay on for 7 seconds and then turn off for 2 seconds then on for 3 seconds, off for 2, on for 3,2,3,2,3... If not, there is a legitmate problem and you should go to the dealer. If you do get the 2,3,2,3 repeating pattern, then turn OFF ignition for a least one second to reset the light and bring you out of the diagnostic mode.