Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can somebody help me with this install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can somebody help me with this install

I just installed diamond audio hex 6.5s in the front and disconnected all other speakers, and also put a rockford punch 3 in 4080's box.... i am using the stock headunit with the navone 4 channel loc with a soundstream 500.4 amp ( 2x 125 rms, and 1x 500 rms bridged) it's a four channel amp and i just showed the power outputs that i have it wired for.... first off i'm getting a crackling sound in my left door 6.5 when the bass hits , second the system sounds a bit weak... the bass out of my amp is less than half of the stock bose 6x9's that can't be right? i've tried everything and can't figure out what the deal is .... anybody have any ideas????? please help

Old 03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
also forgot to include this

i'm using knukonceptz 4 awg power and ground cables and their 4 channel twisted rca's ....

Old 03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
wow could be number of things.
1. Swap speakers in the doors and see if it still happens on the left door. If it does then there is nothing wrong with the speakers, but if the crackling changes to the other side its the speakers.
2. Now if the crackling stays on the same side after the swap the speakers then try swapping the x-overs. If the crackling stays on the same side its not the X-overs, but if it changes sides then it might be the x-overs.
3. If its not the x-overs you've so far narrowed it down to the amp or the LOC. If you have another amp try swapping it for a different amp and see if you get the crackling, if you do then its the LOC of the stock head unit. If you don't get the crackling with the new amp then its your sound stream amp thats got a problem.

I hope this helps. Its just a process of elimination. I can elaborate further if needed.

About the system sounding weak, not sure what to tell you, could be that you have the x-over for the sub set way too low. Try moving the x-over point for the sub to around 60 or 80 hz. Hope this helps

Old 03-02-2005, 04:31 PM
thanks

i'm gonna try that now...thanks for the fast response... when if first installed the loc i wasn't getting any sound at all, then i took it off and put it back on the next day... and magically it worked, half *** though.... hopefully i can solve this mess... by the way all my stuff is brand new.... how bad does that suck?