Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 04:49 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Bose Radio Issue

2003 G35 coupe Bose.

Once the Heater went up all the way I was unable to turn it off without turning off the car. The most common issue is that the radio stops playing and it's silent. It comes back on it's own.

I picked up another junkyard bose radio replacement. It has the same issue of the radio not playing any audio to come on a few minutes later....

I am aware of the g35 finisher board issues and have seen most of those threads. I am wondering if this could be an amp issue? since both radios are doing this? Or could it be that they are both faulty. I've also seen the youtube video where you resolder r510 r509 r508 resistors. I will try that first I suppose.

so yeah should i somehow try and troubleshoot the amp?!

Old 03-17-2019, 06:25 AM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
Highly unlikely that both radios have the same problem. I would suspect the amp.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:02 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by g35life
2003 G35 coupe Bose.

Once the Heater went up all the way I was unable to turn it off without turning off the car. The most common issue is that the radio stops playing and it's silent. It comes back on it's own.

I picked up another junkyard bose radio replacement. It has the same issue of the radio not playing any audio to come on a few minutes later....

I am aware of the g35 finisher board issues and have seen most of those threads. I am wondering if this could be an amp issue? since both radios are doing this? Or could it be that they are both faulty. I've also seen the youtube video where you resolder r510 r509 r508 resistors. I will try that first I suppose.

so yeah should i somehow try and troubleshoot the amp?!
I would suspect amp in this case. If you go with a new amp and the bose headunit, you need to ensure that the new amp can handle a differential-balanced signal. They're uncommon, but JL Audio amps take that type of signal just fine.