G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   Ecu help for manual swap (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/469458-ecu-help-manual-swap.html)

WV2G 07-17-2020 01:51 AM

Ecu help for manual swap

I have an 05 g35 Coupe, looking into manual swapping. 05 Autos came with non rev up and the 6mt came with rev up engine. Should I look for an 03-04 6mt ecu, or would it be better to flash the auto ecu? Planning on getting the BP single turbo kit after the swap, will I run into any issues that I wouldnt vs a factory 6mt car?

@edit4561 09-15-2023 08:31 AM

Hey, I’m getting ready to do this swap myself. I have an 05 Auto non-Revup. Did you end up swapping the ecu to 03/04? I’m having trouble figuring out which wiring harness will work for this swap.

seymore4 09-15-2023 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by @edit4561 (Post 7219641)
Hey, I’m getting ready to do this swap myself. I have an 05 Auto non-Revup. Did you end up swapping the ecu to 03/04? I’m having trouble figuring out which wiring harness will work for this swap.

You don't need to swap the ECU; we can do all the MT swap conversion stuff with an Uprev tune. You'd have to get it reprogrammed anyways to bypass NATS... might as well get a tune and enjoy it. Feel like a brand new car. Shoot me a PM I can help you out

Kenseir6 03-04-2024 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by seymore4 (Post 7219646)
You don't need to swap the ECU; we can do all the MT swap conversion stuff with an Uprev tune. You'd have to get it reprogrammed anyways to bypass NATS... might as well get a tune and enjoy it. Feel like a brand new car. Shoot me a PM I can help you out

Hey, I tried to send you a dm but it won't let me, I received a uprev cable from a buddy of mine but the cable itself doesn't have licenses or reflashes anymore, am I sol?

seymore4 03-04-2024 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kenseir6 (Post 7221231)
Hey, I tried to send you a dm but it won't let me, I received a uprev cable from a buddy of mine but the cable itself doesn't have licenses or reflashes anymore, am I sol?

No, we can load a new license onto it over email. Used cable does save you some money!

Kenseir6 03-04-2024 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by seymore4 (Post 7221232)
No, we can load a new license onto it over email. Used cable does save you some money!

How much is a license? I'm kinda strapped on money rn, this swap broke my wallet :icon43:

Kenseir6 03-04-2024 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by seymore4 (Post 7221232)

I also forgot to mention, I swapped engines went from revup to de since it blew up, I have the auto ECU from a 05 g35 that came with the replacement engine.

seymore4 03-05-2024 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kenseir6 (Post 7221235)
I also forgot to mention, I swapped engines went from revup to de since it blew up, I have the auto ECU from a 05 g35 that came with the replacement engine.

Easiest way to make this work is to keep your original revup ECU and have me tune it for the new non revup engine. Swapping in the 5AT ECU then converting it to 6MT is a lot more involved.

Marcogvc 03-05-2024 08:41 PM

Ecu problems

Ok I did the swap. I’m using auto harness and auto ecu. Only thing I wired was terminal 53 to crank the car. The car started and worked fine, I got u1000 code and P0850 for PNP. So I drove the car for a month or 2, NO PROBLEMS. So I decided to wire the PNP and reverse lights so I could use cruise and have some sort of safety when backing out of a Parking space. But when I wired everything up and tried to crank the car, it only cranks and doesn’t start. Only codes I get are u1000, I know nats isn’t at fault due to my security light only flashing when the key isn’t in the ignition but will go away once the keys in it. When I crank the car I get no signal to tach(stays at 0 rpm). What do you guys think? Did I accidentally fry my ecu trying to wire that stuff or do I might need a new crank sensor or what? What I’m confused about Is how perfect the car worked before. I even tried to wire the car back to how it originally was but still crank no start.