Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

comparing LOCs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comparing LOCs

I've been reading up on the posts so far, and there seem to be a lot of people (me included) who'd like to upgrade the speakers and amplifiers, but keep the convenience of the stock head unit, by using line out converters. So, I'd like to hear about your experiences with the various LOCs. Hopefully other g35 owners will find this useful as well. Here's a bunch that I've heard of:

PAC audio
Navone
VEN4
Soundgate
Audiocontrol (high level inputs into some of their EQs)

Old 03-20-2005, 02:13 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
PAC Audio +1

inexpensive and easy to install. i am eventually upgrading my head unit, so went this route.

after using it, I can't see how much audible difference a more expensive unit will get you.

if i were to not upgrade my headunit, i'd be satisfied with what I have

Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm using a Soundgate for a sub in the trunk. Sounds great.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Audio Control LC6:

Takes your line after your Bose amp, and gives you nice RCA's out for Front Rear and SUB. Adjustable outputs, Auto Sensing feature (which doesn't work well). I also don't like the "build quality" of the connectors where u put in the wires for the line in. They are okay, could be better. Other than that the unit is SOLID. I only used it for subouts, may be over kill for just that purpose. But if you are doing a WHOLE system with front, rears, and subs...this is the way to go.

www.audiocontrol.com
about 130 bucks

Old 03-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
My vote for a Navonne LOC

Old 03-20-2005, 07:49 PM
I got the Navone turned with gain turned all the way up, no hissing or anything. Doesn't come in nice packaging like his Monster cables though...

Old 03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JL Audio CleanSweep. Check it out at JLaudio.com. Just like all the JL products, this is a phenomenal piece.

Old 03-21-2005, 03:37 PM
where have you guys been mounting these (i.e. up front or in the trunk)?

Old 03-22-2005, 09:37 AM
A CleanSweep Convert
biggest advantage

Originally Posted by GoSooners
I got the Navone turned with gain turned all the way up, no hissing or anything. Doesn't come in nice packaging like his Monster cables though...

Another Vote for Navone, in addition, the guy will call you back personally to answer your questions. I find that the biggest advantage of buying a Navone product.

I've mounted mine in the trunk, because I tapped the HU output wires running to the bose amp.

Last edited by shadyg; 03-22-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by amg35
JL Audio CleanSweep. Check it out at JLaudio.com. Just like all the JL products, this is a phenomenal piece.
How do you know? It isn't out yet, to the best of my knowledge, and if it isn't out, all the specs in the world look great, but can turn out to be ****. I think it looks great and all, but we don't know yet.

By the way, ShadyG, fix your sig, it's all huge and very annoying.

Dave

Old 03-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Does anyone actually have the JL cleansweep (that is, if it's available)? I have a JL sub and it has been awesome, but I'm very skeptical about the cleansweep.

I'm particularly interested in an AudioControl EQS, because it has 4ch high-level inputs and an equalizer. Has anyone used this? I have the 05 bose stock system.

Old 03-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by caelric
How do you know? It isn't out yet, to the best of my knowledge, and if it isn't out, all the specs in the world look great, but can turn out to be ****. I think it looks great and all, but we don't know yet.

By the way, ShadyG, fix your sig, it's all huge and very annoying.

Dave
How did you know your G was a great car before you purchased? Infiniti has established a world-class vehicle that has garnered a reputation for quality and performance. JL Audio has done the same for the world of car audio. JL Audio does not release a product unless it performs up to very demanding standards and to every bit of their marketing hype. JL Audio has established a world-class reputation for quality and performance, the Cleansweep will be no different; it will perform as good if not better than promised. Keep in mind, my endorsement of the JL product in no way has any reflection upon the quality of the other products mentioned. Simply, my advice is to get the Cleansweep when it is available, I certainly will be installing one in my G.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by amg35
How did you know your G was a great car before you purchased?

Actually, I knew because I read reviews and test drove one.. But you are right, JL Audio makes good stuff, but it might not be applicable to my needs. Thats kind of whay I am waiting until it comes out.

Dave

Old 03-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by caelric
Actually, I knew because I read reviews and test drove one.. But you are right, JL Audio makes good stuff, but it might not be applicable to my needs. Thats kind of whay I am waiting until it comes out.

Dave
Point well taken, I don't think you will be dissappointed by the Cleansweep if you do purchase it.

Take care,
Allan

Old 03-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Splice two RCA wires pre-Bose. Run them straight into a decent amp that comes with a built in crossover. I use the Diamond Audio 600. But a $200 Alpine mono amp will also have it. Adjust your crossover to filter out the highs and mids and enjoy.

Skip the LOC/LLC's. Waste of money in my opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: comparing LOCs