Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Tips on Audio Setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Question Tips on Audio Setup

I'm putting my Audio system together needed some tips of the setup i had in mind would be good or should i change it to something else.

Items:

Avic-N1 (already have it) mounted in the cubbyhole at a 45 Deg Angle so i wouldn't have to cut the vents(originally done by MorenoNYC)

Pioneer 12 disc CD changer(already have it) mounted on the right side of the trunk

Pioneer AVD-W6200 Headrest Monitors((Already have)Still debating wether to install them)

4080 Stealthbox(already have it) with a JL 10W6V2 Sub(ordered)

AudioControl EQS(need some ideas where to mount(under pass seat or trunk?))

Zapco 500.1 Reference Amp(mono block)(ordred)

Zapco 360.4 Reference Amp(mid & highs)(ordered)

Focal Polyglass 165v2 or JL XR650-CSI Component for fronts(help me decide)

Polk Audio DB650 for rear fill(will they fit or will i need different speakers)

Will i need a 1Farad Capacitor?

If i put the Audio Control EQS in the trunk will i get noise?

Zapco has symbilink which i was planning on using if i put the EQS under the Passenger seat or is there a place that i can mount the EQS that its closer to the Headunit?

The GPS antenna for the Avic-N1 anyone has ever mounted it in the factory location where the GPS antenna would go for the factory Nav? and results?

The Amps im thinking of mounting it flush with the trunk floor so not to loose trunk space. trunk might be raised by an 1" or so. Any better ideas?

4AWG wiring all the way to the back and need a good ground location in the trunk area.

Last edited by Glex25; 06-02-2005 at 07:23 PM. Reason: changes
Old 06-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Avic-N1 (already have it) mounted in the cubbyhole at a 45 Deg Angle so i wouldn't have to cut the vents(originally done by MorenoNYC)
...the dash is sloped already, if you put N1 45 deg, the drive might not work(read)...
4080 Stealthbox(already have it) with a JL 10W6V2 Sub(ordered)
...good choice...
AudioControl EQS(need some ideas where to mount(under pass seat or trunk?)
...if you mount it under the saet? it will be easier to adjust, but you have to run more(longer) cables...
If i put the Audio Control EQS in the trunk will i get noise?
...if you get noise? then it dont matter where you mount it, double check the ground and connections...
Focal Polyglass 165v2 or JL XR650-CSI Component for fronts(help me decide)
...ummm its tough call, I have CSI now, it sound decently, have not heard the 165v2, but if its close to K2Ps? it will have good mid-bass punch and slightly brighter highs than CSIs
Will i need a 1Farad Capacitor?
...you dont "need" it, but it wont hurt if you put that in, just install it close to the amp, I much perfer second battery...
The Amps im thinking of mounting it flush with the trunk floor so not to loose trunk space. trunk might be raised by an 1" or so. Any better ideas?
...thats what I did too, still have access to the spare tire, although its hard to get it out...how bout mount them on back of the rear seat? or one under the rear deck and other to the right side of the trunk?
Polk Audio DB650 for rear fill(will they fit or will i need different speakers)
...not sure how deep are they, pretty sure it will fit to the rear deck, just need to make an plate to mount it the 6x9 opening...

Old 06-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
its already been proven that the N1 @ a 45 DEG angle will work just fine look for the post from morenonyc.

i didn't mean noise as per say as i do mean interference.

the polks i was thinking of mounting in the sides(by the rear seats) not the rear deck where the 6x9(subs) are installed.

The rear seat mount for the amps i had it in my old car and wasn't too enthusiastic with them being there. Thats why i rather have em on the floor prob with a plexi see thru in case i decide to do a show trunk later on at least that part is done

Old 06-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its already been proven that the N1 @ a 45 DEG angle will work just fine look for the post from morenonyc.
..cool...
i didn't mean noise as per say as i do mean interference.
...I think they are shielded, so you wont get noise from the interferance, the noise are most likely introduced from the cable, wires and bad grounding...
the polks i was thinking of mounting in the sides(by the rear seats) not the rear deck where the 6x9(subs) are installed
...it most likely wont fit, the clearance of the side are only around 2 1/2 inchs, there is a thread about that... if you gonna cover the amps up with plexi? might want to think about put in couple of fans...

Attached Thumbnails Tips on Audio Setup-new-trunk.jpg   Tips on Audio Setup-new-amp-n-sub.jpg