Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Anyone install Cleansweep?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone install Cleansweep?

Is it even out yet? i believe it was delayed and did not make it on the market in may. was wondering if anyone had gotten their hands on it and how good/bad is it?

Old 06-17-2005, 08:22 PM
I have never heard of this ... what are you refering to?

Old 06-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We just got our first one in for testing. There are less than 50 units available right now. More will follow. Go to JL Audio's website for the details.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:38 PM
hey i want one.. where can i get one? does anyone have one in stock or can order me one?

Old 06-18-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by paranormal
hey i want one.. where can i get one? does anyone have one in stock or can order me one?
Didnt you swap out the stock HUs? if you did, you dont need Clean Sweep then...

Old 06-18-2005, 07:02 AM
i havnt done it yet.. im still trying to decide... i did everything but the stock unit.. because i have navi and i like the voice from the navi plus the 6cd mp3 player

Old 06-18-2005, 09:43 AM
If you wish to keep the factory HU, this is by far THE BEST way to convert the signal from it into a clean, true, pre-amp level signal. It also provides an aux input. I think they are gonna be quite popular.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Will it help stock HU distortion?

I was talking with a local dealer last week about adding speakers and amp and keeping stock HU... My only interest is slightly louder clean sound, no extreme low end and no fancy HU... Anyway I asked about filtering since the stock HU might produce a little distortion and be more pronounced with a quality amp. I was hoping he would tell me there is a good amp w/built in quality filtering - instead he told me about Clean Sweep.

I don’t know all the details, but it sounded to me like all it does is equal out the frequencies. Which true, will give a purer sound i.e. a CD will be played as it was recorded. But will it filter out any distortion or "dirty power"?... I'm fine with standard treble and bass adjustments on the stock HU - not so concerned about it's ability to flatten the frequencies.

Sorry if my explanation may not make sense exactly... I'm more into home audio - but the primary question is: will Clean Sweep truly help distortion? Or is there another (reasonably priced) filter of some sort to compensate for any distortion from he stock HU?

Old 06-19-2005, 07:58 PM
From the descirption of the product it looks like it corrects (cleans) preset equalization on factory setups to a flat frequency response. Manufacturers may adjust the frequency response in their units to make up for component quality, adjust response at certain volume levels, etc. Cleansweep merely "resets" the preset equalization to a flat or clean response which is better suited for aftermarket components. YOU get to control the equalization as you see fit. The beauty is you get to keep the stock HU of your vehicle so it doesn't effect things like your navi or any other systems which are dependent on the stock HU. Plus, it has an AUX connector. I just ordered the PAC unit last week (damn) but I'm sure this will be quite a bit more expensive. Looks like a very nice product. Great idea.

Old 06-19-2005, 08:22 PM
► Matt ◄
So I take it this will replace the need for a seperate equalizer in your car if you install an aftermarket system right? (I was going to buy a Audio Control EQS with my new system, but will I have to if I get this instead?)

Old 06-19-2005, 11:04 PM
how much is it?

Old 06-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by irony
how much is it?
I dont think they have set a firm pricing yet, but I think its around 450~ish

So I take it this will replace the need for a seperate equalizer in your car if you install an aftermarket system right? (I was going to buy a Audio Control EQS with my new system, but will I have to if I get this instead?)
Its always a good idea that you have some control over the sound, just because its flat, it doesnt mean that you gonna like the way it sounded.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by IS300TOG35
No, not really, maybe. It gets you back to par as far as frequency response so your nice aftermarket components are getting all the signal. If that is satisfactory to you then you're good to go with bass/treble only. If you really want to tailor the sound an EQ would be necessary.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by irony
how much is it?
NOOB First post!!

I was quoted $349.00 US$ retail at my local shop.

It looks like a nice piece but the part that still bothers me is the premium Bose system in my 03' Coupe changes the frequency curve as you turn the volume higher. With Cleansweep you need to set your volume at some point on the OEM system...and then let Cleansweep do it's thing with the included CD. So you have a great set up at that particular volume but if you use your OEM volume you will just change the output to the Cleansweep screwing everything up again. To this point the Cleansweep does include a master volume **** which I could get used to.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:50 PM
on my 03 i think it stays the about same till about "17" and then again at "22" . I will use 1 of these choices for my max volume. Also make sure your SVC is set to off

Mark