Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Request regarding PAC AAI-NIS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Request regarding PAC AAI-NIS

Does anyone have a picture of the most standard or basic setup for the PAC AAI-NIS? I want to use this for my iPod. I highly appreciate it!

Thanks

Old 07-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Picture? It's super simple, you take the plug out of the back of your headunit for the pre-wired SAT radio, stick the Pac AAI-NIS wire in, run it under the console, connect an RCA cable to it and get a y-cable to run it to your ipod or dock. Voila, iPod through the radio.

It's probably a good idea to get a ground loop isolator as well to cut down on any interference.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:34 PM
you get to tear a good bit of the console out too. i paid an installer about $30 to do it. after watching him, it was well worth it.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:34 PM
The AAI-NIS is really the easy part of the IPOD install because it's already figured out. There is a widely accepted solution and well documented DIY g35ipod.com, among others. It's pretty straightforward, but I agree with TopTech, if you're wanting to keep it simple, pay to have it done, it'll be worth every penny.

Mounting (and charging) of your IPOD are up to your preferences and the logistics of driving and scrolling. If simple really is your desire, you may want to weigh the sound quality benefit of the PAC vs. the simplicity of a good FM transmitter.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:22 PM
I would think the PAC sounds 99% better than those horrible FM transmitters?

Old 07-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by negative
I would think the PAC sounds 99% better than those horrible FM transmitters?
An exaggeraion, but I can't argue much with you there which is why I went with the PAC . I was just trying to cover the bases. The subject of IPOD integration seems to have been resurrected lately, even though it's an oldy. Amazingly, there is still a cult of tape-adapter folks out there and they are satisfied. Everyone's needs/wants are different. If I misinterpreted your question as an underestimate of what else would be entailed, I apologize. I went through the exact decision process, but I tried the FM deal, and decided nay. I also love taking things apart, so dissatisfaction may just have been my excuse. If you've never heard one in your car, I suggest buying a decent one at BestBuy. If you don't like it, take it back and apply the credit to a mount/charger to use with the PAC. The point is, if you haven't heard one, you might be surprised. Keep in mind, many of the people on this forum have hopped up systems and very good ears. On the stock Bose, the difference isn't as pronounced. How good does a solid radio channel sound? I'm not trying to sell the FM or anything, just clarifying the effort associated with a certain goal, coupled with the possibility that you still may not be satisfied in the end.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Does the setup basically look like this?