Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wire For Lock/unlock Going Into Door Needs To Be Connected

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wire For Lock/unlock Going Into Door Needs To Be Connected

Ok so i have been coresponding with KPIERSON on another thread and thought i would post again for anyone else. to make a long story short, i just need to know where the HELLL this wire goes to which is coming FROM my Viper 790XV alarm TO the driver side door. What happened is the wire was removed for warranty work and when i went to place it back onto the door lock mechanism, I COULD NOT FIND THE DIAGRAM i had made prior to removing the wire. so i then called an alarm dealer and asked them if that wire was indeed intended for the door lock and unlock and they said it pobably is (considering that the door locks dont work using my newly bought tramsmitter when all other functions do)
what the original installer did was actually solder the wire into the actuall board of the switches (i was told by KiERSON) this is not the proper way, but it worked at the time) and would like to at least solder it back to the 2 points or whatever will get my door locks working with the Viper. Hope i made sense of it all. if confused please see my other post on this forum.

Basically need to know how to get my door locks working with my Viper 791XV alarm. WHERE DOES THE WIRE FROM THE ALARM SYSTEM GOING INTO THE DRIVER SIDE DOOR GO TO GET THE UNLO9CK/LOCK PORTION OF THE vIPER ALARM GO? THANKS FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE. RX

Old 07-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks guys but i figured out the soldering points myself. CLOSE THREAD!