Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Valentine Hard Wire to Homelink

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a sweet setup. Makes me want to go get one!

Old 07-28-2005, 07:11 PM
GoSooners...Nice job, the only reason for taping into the fuse box rather than the mirror power is so that the RD is switched on and off with the ignition.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:26 PM
That power wire on the Homelink is switched. At first I didn't think it was because you can open/close garage with keys out. But then I saw a bunch of 350Z guys doing it so I did it too...and so my V1 does power off whenever I turn the engine off.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Nice setup, might have to try this out since my V1 power adapter died =/

Old 08-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Babiephat
you then tap the "Cig Lighter" fuse (get a fuse tap with a 12v connector from Radio Shack)"

Thanks to the inspiration of this thread, I hardwired my 8500 today. As and FYI, the fuse taps from Radio Shack didn't work on my 05. Way too big to fit in the socket with the fuse. The fuses on my G are about 1/2 the size of the fuses on my other car.

Thanks again!

Old 08-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sin4me
Nice setup, might have to try this out since my V1 power adapter died =/

Your fuse is just blown, crack it open and change it out.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:14 PM
very clean indeed

Old 11-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Guys I have asked this a couple of times but no one seems to have the answer. Will the wire kit pictured below work with a g35 mirror, as far as plugging in goes? I could just look at the mirror on the car, but mine doesnt come in till end of the month. I am thinking if I cant just plug it in like the website says I can prolly splice the wires together?

http://mysite.verizon.net/ccm.gerber/quickconnect.htm

Old 11-06-2005, 01:08 AM
hey, i am looking to hardwire my v1 also, but i was wondering can i go out and buy a regular phone line to use as an extension cable or would i buy to buy one from valentine1.com

thanks.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Lot of people have used regular phone cables, but the hard part is finding a good one that you can strip off the insulation without destroying the wires. So yes you can use a regular phone cable.

Old 11-06-2005, 02:04 PM
tomcatm, that website you gave is nice. it would be nice if i could just buy that and use it as i am very bad with mods...anyone have any thoughts on these? thanks

Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i mounted mine on the rear view mirror the same as GoSooners.....pulled power from the mirror wires and did not have to run wires anywhere and the power is switched on and off with the ignition

i searched here and 350z.com and found this guy, Mike (email addy below)....he makes the bracket with or without a "Z" on the back........$20......bolts right in there. I had to adjust my mirror and then adjust the location of the bracket to get it just right, but easy stuff..........if you decide to do the install like i did (no remote) you can use the power from the mirror for a very easy install........there are 3 mirror wires, black (ground), black with red stripe (dont know), black with pink stripe (power)......just slice the cover over the mirror wires (be careful) then cut back the insulation on the 2 wires. I used the remote kit (bought it from Passport) cut the "telephone wires" to the correct length, exposed the power and ground and then soldered the wires to the mirror.....

mike3348@adelphia.net

Old 11-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by brisk
tomcatm, that website you gave is nice. it would be nice if i could just buy that and use it as i am very bad with mods...anyone have any thoughts on these? thanks
I have asked around this forum a lot but no one knows, so i decided to hell with with it and went ahead and ordered one, along with mike's radar mount( now all i need is an X50 lol). My car is coming in at the end of the month so Ill let you guys know if its a direct plug in ( me thinks it should be since it works on an FX )

Old 12-08-2005, 08:40 AM
TomCat, if the cord does not work for you, I do offer returns on a limited basis. Since this is yet another untried vehicle make/model, I am very happy to work closely on any issues with anyone here with using my InvisiCord. It is generic, it fits any vehicle since you can almost always find a harness that has switched power near the windshield (mirror, overhead console, etc).

Last edited by TeamSpeed; 12-08-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by TeamSpeed
TomCat, if the cord does not work for you, I do offer returns on a limited basis. Since this is yet another untried vehicle make/model, I am very happy to work with anyone here with using my InvisiCord. It is generic, it fits any vehicle since you can almost always find a harness that has switched power near the windshield (mirror, overhead console, etc).

Appreciate your offer, but its all good, I dont think its worth the trouble for a small amount of money. My delivery date is the 14th so ill post the results soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valentine Hard Wire to Homelink