Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Bose Corporation email

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you! Finally some truth in all of this. I have seen a lot of bad-mouthing about Bose in all of these forums but it is real interesting to know most of the system is not even made by Bose. This is because very few car manufactures with premium systems will allow a speaker company to design a complete system for cars because of cost and requirements. Think about how much an aftermarket car system cost? Keep in mind as you design a car system, the dynamics of your customer come into mind as well... ie. who are we building this system for? Certainly for the average person, the sound performance is above amazing.. ie. crisp highs, steady mids, soft deep lows, never overpowering. For most of us car enthusiasts, obviously this is probably not going to work.. thus allowing aftermarket companies to feed off of the masses. Simply you get what you pay for... how can we complain about a system that is simply "stock" in every aspect. Infiniti obviously knows if they pay Bose a small royalty to establish their name brand inside the car, it will bring a select audience to check out Infiniti cars. Unfortunately for Bose, this means agreeing to some requests from Nissan. Thanks for listening... from one engineer to the rest.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Call the Cops
i dont get it.. whats wrong with the bose system? i love mine... even the people at the audio place said i shouldnt upgrade the speakers or anything... just the bass
cuz its sounds " terrific"

Old 08-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by BBB
i dont get it.. whats wrong with the bose system? i love mine... even the people at the audio place said i shouldnt upgrade the speakers or anything... just the bass

....taste is truly an individual trait. i don't even know how to respond to that... if your happy with it, nothing else matters.

Old 08-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by BBB

Don't get me wrong, the Bose system is one of the Best factory systems I have ever had. However, for less than half of what I paid for it, I have a better system in my other car. This is not right. I could have had a killer system for what the Bose cost me.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Question

With all of the Bose specific knowledge flying around here, does anyone have experience in replacing the speakers only in an '05 Sedan? I hate the Bose system after being spoiled by having the Focal W3 Utopias in my previous car, but really do not want to spend the money necessary to redo that process and just want an easy fix for this car for right now. Has anyone replaced the front speakers only or have any knowledge of what a process that would be? Also, what speakers are most likely to work well with the audio system as I would prefer not to touch the amp as of yet? Any input would be appreciated...

Old 08-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by docron1
But....I digress...

We have to remember,though, that the amp and the rear 6x9's are the ONLY Bose stuff in the "Premium" sound package. The stock HU (which have sort of agreed upon is decent) is made by Clarion. The stock door speakers for the front doors and backseats side panels (or back door speakers for the sedan people) is made by Nissan, NOT by Bose. These stock door speakers are the mjor culprits in the crappy sound quality, Bose just gets more of a bad rap because they have added their brand name to the stock system by adding their rear shelf 6x9's and amp.

These stock Nissan speakers in our G35 doors are the same ones they use in the Sentra's, Quest mini-van, maximas, altimas, FX's and muranos...that tells you alot about nissan/infiniti's R&D team....lol

doc
You brought up an interesting point. I didn't know the bose system was put together with different brands. I have information that will weed out what part of the bose system is the culprit for the bad sound qualtiy. I have a 2GHz PC in my car that use for audio/video applications. I have a PAC audio auxiliary input module to feed the sound into the bose system. It turns the SAT button on the headunit into 2 aux inputs so my guess is the sound from my PC goes straight to the amp and out to the speakers. I'll tell that the music quality playing from my PC is 10x better than even listening to the CD from the headunit. So this would lead to the headunit being of poor quality.

note: this was before I upgraded to JLAudio amps and MBquart speakers.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Don't get me wrong, the Bose system is one of the Best factory systems I have ever had. However, for less than half of what I paid for it, I have a better system in my other car. This is not right. I could have had a killer system for what the Bose cost me.
i agree, in my old toyota tercel, i had a $250 pioneer system, that i installed (knowing absolutely nothing about speakers), that sounded as good as the bose

Old 08-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
another thing to consider is the coupe is not the best designed for ideal acoustics either....small cabin, small trunk, low roof....etc etc. this has also been discussed before as well....

Old 08-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by docron1
another thing to consider is the coupe is not the best designed for ideal acoustics either....small cabin, small trunk, low roof....etc etc. this has also been discussed before as well....
it's not just the coupes, though.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Do you ever wonder why Louis Vuitton handbags cost so much?? It's not the leather because they only use the real leather on the strap. But you are paying for the brand. I have Bose home theater system in my house and very satisfied with it, but not for my coupe. Actually, the sedans have better sound than the coupes.

Also, 05 owner must realize that we have a defect in out head unit where Bass and Treble setting don't keep its setting at +5 after you shut the engine off despite the fact that it still shows +5. When you crank the volume up at 20, it recovers its setting. How wierd huh??? Definetly a defect.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by Armani350GT
Also, 05 owner must realize that we have a defect in out head unit where Bass and Treble setting don't keep its setting at +5 after you shut the engine off despite the fact that it still shows +5. When you crank the volume up at 20, it recovers its setting. How wierd huh??? Definetly a defect.
OK! You have solved a mystery that has puzzled me since I bought the car. Does this also apply to the Treble? I notice that it doesn't sound clear untill I crank it up a bit.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:45 AM
to the original post-awesome!!! great way to get proactive, i'll be first on your sign-list if need be. the truth is, i personally dislike bose all together but didnt think it would be this bad.
my first experience was with my parents lifestyle 12, the "top of the line" (at the time) all in one, cd and 5.1 speakers. i have to say that at first i was really impressed with what those little tiny speakers could do, but after time and becoming more into home audio myself i realized how bad it really was. the sound quality of bose is set to a specific listener-they basically tune it for the average listener...also, when my parents went to upgrade components they couldn't!!!! similar to what we have to go through in our G pertaining to the ohm usage. i would call myself a sort of audiophile-at least for the home...i have built myself an amazing 4k system for home audio that i think competes with much more expensive systems.
my previous car was a 1992 Toyota Camry, the stock speakers in that with a decent aftermarket Alpine head unit sounded light years better than this bose system...clarity, tonality, extension, volume, tightness....the list goes on.
glad to see someone take a real step in solving this problem.
....now, lets just see what they have to say :|

Old 08-17-2005, 10:49 AM
intestesting to see what people set their treble and bass at...i know that its all a personal opinion, but i keep my treble at -1 and the bass usually at 1-3 depending.
the treble any brighter than -1 would "blind" my ears and the bass becomes muddled any higher than 1-3 depending on song...not to mention all the deck rattle.
what number do you guys keep your setting at?

Old 08-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by audiphile
With all of the Bose specific knowledge flying around here, does anyone have experience in replacing the speakers only in an '05 Sedan? ...........I hate the Bose system........really do not want to spend the money necessary to redo that process and just want an easy fix for this car for right now. Has anyone replaced the front speakers only or have any knowledge of what a process that would be? Also, what speakers are most likely to work well with the audio system as I would prefer not to touch the amp as of yet? Any input would be appreciated...

What he said. Anyone?

Old 08-17-2005, 12:28 PM
+1 on all this. No mids and when you crank it up, it goes fuzzy on the high end. If Nissan does the paper speakers, perhaps we should go after the "happy" money that Nissan/infiniti provides for customer satisfaction?

-T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bose Corporation email