Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Post Pix of Trunk Setups

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
pics are working for me...

Old 10-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh! They work now!

I'd love for someone to do a write-up on the process of creating "recessed" amps in trunk flooring.

I currently have my amp crammed in where the stock Bose amp is, but with proper coaching I'd love to explore the possibility of recessing it into the floor.

Any takers?

Old 10-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Some great set ups.

Old 10-17-2005, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great setups guys, keep the pics coming!!!

Old 10-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Lenny
hey guys, i ahve two question: One, when mounting a sub on one side of the trunk, how is the sound? Is the bass comming from like on side of teh acr, or is it unnoticable? Also, when putting subs right in back of the rear seats, does this make the seats rattle, because i know u can fold them down so...?

Old 10-18-2005, 11:13 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by amthar
Oh! They work now!

I'd love for someone to do a write-up on the process of creating "recessed" amps in trunk flooring.

I currently have my amp crammed in where the stock Bose amp is, but with proper coaching I'd love to explore the possibility of recessing it into the floor.

Any takers?
I might attempt to make my own false floor. You have to remove the spare tire, build an amp rack, and then build the fascades the go on top.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:07 PM
www.g35tt.com
Oh! They work now!

Any takers?
If you want to remove the spare tire, I made a custom cover that will close up the spare tire well, flush with the existing plastic panels in there already. It is kind of like a pedestal mount with support brackets so you can mount amps, x-overs and anything you want in the spare tire well. Let me know if you are interested.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Oh! They work now!

Any takers?
You can remove the spare tire and use the dimensions to make an amp rack. For the carpet/false floor, you can use your stock carpet/trunk cover and cut it up or use it to trace your new false floor.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:35 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by marchesano
If you want to remove the spare tire, I made a custom cover that will close up the spare tire well, flush with the existing plastic panels in there already. It is kind of like a pedestal mount with support brackets so you can mount amps, x-overs and anything you want in the spare tire well. Let me know if you are interested.
Got any pics of this?

Old 10-18-2005, 12:44 PM
www.g35tt.com
Originally Posted by Moog
Got any pics of this?
I can take a few shots with my camera, but not in the car, since I don't have any OEM parts in the trunk anymore. If you can, please send me a PM to remind me. Then I will post them on this thread. Thanks

Old 10-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by VQ35sleeper
hey guys, i ahve two question: One, when mounting a sub on one side of the trunk, how is the sound? Is the bass comming from like on side of teh acr, or is it unnoticable? Also, when putting subs right in back of the rear seats, does this make the seats rattle, because i know u can fold them down so...?
I have my subs force loaded (firing forward against the seats) and I have never heard a rattle from the seats. I'm powering my 2 10's with about 1500 watts rms, so if I haven't heard a rattle yet, you probably wouldnt either.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:37 PM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
Talking The Install Was done last Friday!

I had this trunk installed last week and picked it up on Friday.

Attached Thumbnails Post Pix of Trunk Setups-27f5.jpg  
Old 10-18-2005, 03:35 PM
^ is their enough air for the amps to vent. Doesn't the amp heat up.. i was going to do that and put the carpet on top but i heard the amps needs to breathe..

Old 10-18-2005, 04:11 PM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
Yeah I have the carpet to lay over the set up too. It is the best deal to keep it in good shape. The Amps get enough air and yes they heat up. All in the name of show my friend. If the amps get too hot I will have a heat sink put in the housing with each one. But for now its good to go.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:04 PM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu
I had this trunk installed last week and picked it up on Friday.
how does that sub sound? Rattles at all in cabin or outside the car? Whats the specs on the system?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post Pix of Trunk Setups