Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Question on the Navi system...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on the Navi system...

Really didn't think I'd use/need the navigation at first. Buuut, then I thought of a way it'd be very useful on a day to day basis.

What I want to know is: Let's say I have 4 appointments at different locations during one day, can I take a few minutes in the morning before I leave and punch all 4 address's into the system at one time and then have it direct me to each one throughout the day as I go?

If it works like that it'd be very very useful as I drive around every day to my different appointments. Thanks for the help!

Tim

Old 09-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Yep it can do exactly that. First you enter the Last point you want to go to (final destination) and then enter each of the others as waypoints.

Actually, in the morning you could even enter your house as a destination then enter everything else as a waypoint, then it will even take you home after the last waypoint.

I don't know how many waypoints you can enter but I've done 4 or so and haven't had any problems.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang...you learn a new thing each day...too bad I only use my Navi screen to watch TV...

Old 09-27-2005, 08:06 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by shunra
Yep it can do exactly that. First you enter the Last point you want to go to (final destination) and then enter each of the others as waypoints.

Actually, in the morning you could even enter your house as a destination then enter everything else as a waypoint, then it will even take you home after the last waypoint.

I don't know how many waypoints you can enter but I've done 4 or so and haven't had any problems.
It's a great tool isn't it. I love mine.
C.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:02 AM
yeah navi is one of those things you can live without if you never had it, but once you get it, you wonder how you lived without it. I use waypoints all the time but i have only done 4 also

Old 09-28-2005, 03:09 AM
Awesome! Guess I got to get it. Well, another $2K to the price tag, but no more looking down at directions and almost running into everything else on or off the road!

Old 09-28-2005, 03:10 AM
Wait a minute.... you use it to watch tv ????? I didnt think you could do anything other than navigation on it?

Old 09-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Dang...you learn a new thing each day...too bad I only use my Navi screen to watch TV...
Ha HA, Yeah I have ordered the PAC audio mod and the NavToTV mod. Just need to pick out a DVD player. I want one with a TV tuner. I haven't yet come up with a good place to mount the DVD player though. I don't want to have to go to the trunk to change the disc.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:44 PM
I Will Never...

buy a car without NAV again........

It is the best !!!!

Old 09-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Ha HA, Yeah I have ordered the PAC audio mod and the NavToTV mod. Just need to pick out a DVD player. I want one with a TV tuner. I haven't yet come up with a good place to mount the DVD player though. I don't want to have to go to the trunk to change the disc.

Fuma from Directron.com

or

Innovatek FD-7 from mp3playerstore.com (same as FUMA, different label)

about $100 bucks before shipping, built in TV tuner, smallest frame size out on the market.

Old 09-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Currie
Wait a minute.... you use it to watch tv ????? I didnt think you could do anything other than navigation on it?

You will learn alot being here...take a look at the sticky up top of this very forum titled "Can I mod my Navi to play DVDs"....

Old 09-30-2005, 09:21 AM
navi's are so much fun don't forget you can map out alternate routes when traffic is bad.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been wanting to make an online DB of POI, specifically POI where each point is a known cop "hang out"

That way when I'm driving and going the speed limit ( ) and I approach a spot I see them frequently, my GPS will sound off and I know to slow down so I can give them a friendly how-do-you-do one-fingered wave

Actually I have no problem with cops, just speeding tickets (which are my own fault).... but I still want to DB their usual haunts

Old 09-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Fuma from Directron.com

or

Innovatek FD-7 from mp3playerstore.com (same as FUMA, different label)

about $100 bucks before shipping, built in TV tuner, smallest frame size out on the market.
Yeah, those both look good. At one time I thought I saw one that had a USB port on it. Thought that might be cool as an easy way to listen to MP3's and such. However I have never seen it again So I am thinking about the FD-7.

Do you have one of the DVD players you mentioned? If so where did you mount it (seeing as the NAV already takes up the upper g-box). Also is the TV reception "watchable"?

Old 09-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah, those both look good. At one time I thought I saw one that had a USB port on it. Thought that might be cool as an easy way to listen to MP3's and such. However I have never seen it again So I am thinking about the FD-7.

Do you have one of the DVD players you mentioned? If so where did you mount it (seeing as the NAV already takes up the upper g-box). Also is the TV reception "watchable"?

I have the Fuma SD-807 because i think the oval in the middle matches the style of the infiniti analog clock and it being silver matches the aluminum trim/dash. Haven't mounted it yet...but "superman" (user on this forum) did it and show pics of what to cut to make it fit in the glove box. For me now I leave the glove box open acting as a shelf and ran all my wires into the glove box. This way I can take it inside and use it in my living room as well..(comes with a home kit too). And no, none of them come with USB. TV reception is decent on the freeway but sucks anywhere else...it also depends on your location and whether you use an amplified antenna, dipole amplified antenna, regular antenna, tape antennna, etc...

An amplified antenna increase signal strength by magnifying it. So thats yous best bet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question on the Navi system...