Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

More Kudos to 4080!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
More Kudos to 4080!

4080 sent me a box about two weeks ago, up until last night it had been staring at me in my house, mocking me, taunting me to install it.

Received my sub (jl10w3v2d4) on Monday, wired the voice coils and connected it to the 4080's internal terminal posts on Monday... only to realize I didn't have any screws to secure the sub in the box $4 and a trip to home depot later, sub was secured and installed in the car last night.

Had I actually had the screws, the wiring & install process of the subwoofer into the box and the box into the trunk would have taken about 30 min (including cutting wires, crimping ends, taking the flooring out of the trunk to get to the amp, etc).

I did not have a lot of light (in fact, only my trunk's dinky light) so the gains and tuning are fairly wacked, but wow...

I am extremely happy with both the SQ and the SPL of this sub in this box, even with my amp tuned like a deaf person was tuning it. I have built some fairly standard no-thrills MDF boxes in the past for some cars, but 4080's fiberglass box quality is beyond anything I've personally made. It fits perfectly, the terminals are good quality, the carpetting is well done, the weight (even with the subwoofer installed) is more than acceptable, easy of install into the trunk (fit through the trunk opening, wedging back into the corner) is a breeze.

All in all I am extremely happy, I am so glad I found 4080 and his box on here... my original plan was to purchase the JL stealthbox that replaces the left-side plastic trunk flooring/platform... so glad I didn't.

I've read a few posts saying that the 4080 box was too expensive for them... all I can say is that it is worth every penny.

My entire requirement & goal for my sound system upgrade has been to keep the stock look & feel, this box couldn't have fit the bill better.

Thanks 4080 for a great product!

Pic or two to come.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:12 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Congrats man, my 4080 box has been collecting dust. I haven't had a chance to install my amps yet, but I'm sure I'll be happy once it's all done.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudos to 4080!

I totally agree. I just got my 4080 Box and it is PERFECT. I have built my share of boxes and even as **** as I am, I couldn't have done better. It fits like Infiniti designed it, well better considering the Blose crap we got stuck with. Box is built like the proverbial tank, but is not all that heavy, seems damn acousticly dead (a good thing) and fits perfectly and does not hurt trunk space much at all. A great deal.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! It makes me feel good that we can produce a good product for a fair price that everyone enjoys. I have dealt with other customers on different forums (corvette, RX8) and none are better than that of G35driver.com.

Thanks for your continued business and loyalty,

Forty Eighty

Last edited by 4080; 10-06-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:20 AM
how can i get a 4080 box? i like 'em

Old 11-19-2005, 01:54 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by amthar
4080 sent me a box about two weeks ago, up until last night it had been staring at me in my house, mocking me, taunting me to install it.

Received my sub (jl10w3v2d4) on Monday, wired the voice coils and connected it to the 4080's internal terminal posts on Monday... only to realize I didn't have any screws to secure the sub in the box $4 and a trip to home depot later, sub was secured and installed in the car last night.

Had I actually had the screws, the wiring & install process of the subwoofer into the box and the box into the trunk would have taken about 30 min (including cutting wires, crimping ends, taking the flooring out of the trunk to get to the amp, etc).

I did not have a lot of light (in fact, only my trunk's dinky light) so the gains and tuning are fairly wacked, but wow...

I am extremely happy with both the SQ and the SPL of this sub in this box, even with my amp tuned like a deaf person was tuning it. I have built some fairly standard no-thrills MDF boxes in the past for some cars, but 4080's fiberglass box quality is beyond anything I've personally made. It fits perfectly, the terminals are good quality, the carpetting is well done, the weight (even with the subwoofer installed) is more than acceptable, easy of install into the trunk (fit through the trunk opening, wedging back into the corner) is a breeze.

All in all I am extremely happy, I am so glad I found 4080 and his box on here... my original plan was to purchase the JL stealthbox that replaces the left-side plastic trunk flooring/platform... so glad I didn't.

I've read a few posts saying that the 4080 box was too expensive for them... all I can say is that it is worth every penny.

My entire requirement & goal for my sound system upgrade has been to keep the stock look & feel, this box couldn't have fit the bill better.

Thanks 4080 for a great product!

Pic or two to come.
+1
Just installed the sub and box this week.
Very impressed with the quality of work and sounds perfect.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:54 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by captainstubing
how can i get a 4080 box? i like 'em
PM him

Old 11-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Add me to the list of satisfied customers, installed mine a month ago with a JL 10w3. Construction is great, fit is absolutely first-rate (wow), very pleased with the audio result, and forty eighty was a pleasure to deal with. If it is a little out of your budget, save another month, for a little more you get a LOT more - this is a bargain.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:49 AM
I've PM'ed and e-mailed... No luck.

4080 where are you?

Old 11-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by narkotic
I've PM'ed and e-mailed... No luck.

4080 where are you?

Sorry for the delay guys. I have moved homes and have had some internet down time. Call me on my cell if you cannot get through. 832-859-4423.

thanks, 4080

Old 01-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Trying to get a hold of Forty Eighty for a week now. No response. But, the man left his phone number, so -- and I hate to call him out of the blue -- but I'll give him a call on The Red Phone and see if I can my hands on one of those woofer-wombs.

Forty Eighty, I'm headed your way!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you really an eskimo?

Old 01-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Same here.

Absolutely love the box.

Only problem is...... The Bass hits so hard, my Infiniti grill cover keeps popping off!

Old 01-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Not really an Eskimo... but yes really. It's just my G35 is white like snow, my AC stays on blast back at my igloo, and I'm just a really, really cool cat -- so you could just say that I'm an Eskimo! Or and Eski-bro. An Eski-boy? With a 1.7" drop my G is Eski-LOW! And my 20's are icey with the Eski-chrome.

Oh man. That could go on forever! You have to know when to say Eski-NO!

Regardless, I just talked to 4080 on the phone and I'm in line to get a enclosure from this cat. He's a very professional guy; easy to work with. I hope to have my system running by the end of the month, after which I'll update y'all with the my G...

Mike
aka Eskimo.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Eskimo
Not really an Eskimo... but yes really. It's just my G35 is white like snow, my AC stays on blast back at my igloo, and I'm just a really, really cool cat -- so you could just say that I'm an Eskimo! Or and Eski-bro. An Eski-boy? With a 1.7" drop my G is Eski-LOW! And my 20's are icey with the Eski-chrome.

Oh man. That could go on forever! You have to know when to say Eski-NO!

Regardless, I just talked to 4080 on the phone and I'm in line to get a enclosure from this cat. He's a very professional guy; easy to work with. I hope to have my system running by the end of the month, after which I'll update y'all with the my G...

Mike
aka Eskimo.
lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More Kudos to 4080!