Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PAC aai-nis Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAC aai-nis Install

I have a 2003.5 G35 Sedan with a SAT button. How hard is this thing to put in? How difficult is it to get the HU out? How long does it typically take?

Any recomendations for the Phoenix, AZ area to get it installed?

Sorry for all the questions but I like to do all my homework before starting a project. (I have been reading different threads on this for the last hour+)

I wanted to hook up both a XM MyFi and an Ipod Photo to the PAC unit. Can I do both?

Thanks,
Brian

Old 10-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Cool

it take at least 2-3 hours, that's if you take your time.
Go to G35ipod.com and study it over and over before you install it.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by scottsdalecards
I have a 2003.5 G35 Sedan with a SAT button. How hard is this thing to put in? How difficult is it to get the HU out? How long does it typically take?

Any recomendations for the Phoenix, AZ area to get it installed?

Sorry for all the questions but I like to do all my homework before starting a project. (I have been reading different threads on this for the last hour+)

I wanted to hook up both a XM MyFi and an Ipod Photo to the PAC unit. Can I do both?

Thanks,
Brian
It isn't too bad, just make sure you don't rush yourself... I took my time and everything went fine. I'm adding the XM Roady XT this weekend to the 2nd input.

Do you live in Scottsdale? I do too. Let me know if you need a hand.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
45 minutes for me and most of that would be disassembling and reassembling the console. For a first timer, maybe 3 hours.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I went to G35ipod.com and looked at the install instructions. Lokks like a major pain in the A$$ but the end result is VERY NICE! Still debating but I really like this solution.

Brian

Old 10-17-2005, 02:00 AM
it's a GREAT solution
I got it installed on my Gcoupe not long ago cuz before I was using the stupid iTrip and the sound quality was great

I also plugged my aftermarket TV/DVD/VCD player into it

Old 10-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Circuit City does it for around 25 bucks, but I wouldnt trust them with a G35 try Tweeter shouldnt be more then 50 to get it installed.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Is it much more work to add a SWI-X at the same time as a AAI-NIS? Is the SWI-X worth it and work with the G35?

Brian

Old 10-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
depends what u want to do. The SWI-X together works alone or together with the AAI-NIS. When connected to the AAI-NIS (which is easier than a stand alone install), only when you press the SAT button does the SWI-X become active (which was what I wanted). You can only store 12 codes - that is a limitation of the SWI-X. You would think 12 was enough, but you can assign codes for all the radio buttons, not just the steering wheel controls (like the presets). If you place your AAI-NIS near the gear shifter, then you can get to it easily. You do not have to install the SWI-X at the same time. Very easy to get to it to install and reprogram if needed (shift **** off, then lift center console up).

If you're considering putting in a digitalwheelz touchscreen, do it at the same time - it's only a little more effort. Chuck also has a great DIY guide for installation (check out his website at www.digitalwheelz.com).

I find the hardest part of the install getting the radio back in because the plastic vent trim around the radio has to squeeze through small (but flexible) spaces. No instructions ever mention this, but I find that using a wide putty knife, you can reinsert the center console much more easily. It also helps to have someone help (a wife will do in a pinch) cause its hard to put back in while hold trim aside and using the putty knife to guide it past the dash.

Last edited by rcdash; 10-18-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi, Neewbie here.............

Anyone know if installing the PAC conflicts with the radio mute feature for a car phone kit? I want to install both an ipod and a bluetooth car kit in my 2003.5 coupe, and the radio mute feature would be neat. Question is, do they share the same inputs on the rear of the Bose (non-SAT).