Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pac audio SWI-x steering wheel remote controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pac audio SWI-x steering wheel remote controller

Has anyone used the pac audio swi-x steering wheel remote control adaptor unit? I am wondering if it will work how i want it to. I know it's made to use steering wheel remote with aftermarket stereo, but i want to do it differently, but think it's possible.

I want to use the steering wheel remote to control a DVD player, but need to retain the functionality of the regular steering remote functions for the OEM stereo (since I'm still using it). I also think I read on pac's site that you can use it direct wired into an IR remote extender port too, so I don't have to point an LED at another LED (but I can do that too).

Anyone know if I can do this with the SWI-X kit? Thanks!

Old 11-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my AAI-NIS pac audio adapter it has a wire that is supposed to be the output to go to the SWI-X (control wire)...so i'm guessing if i use that wire to go to the SXI-x then my steering wheel buttons will still work with the OEM stereo, and only go to the SWI-x when in AUX input mode with the sat button...just not sure if they will work with the remote eye line in on the back of the DVD player now I guess.