Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PIONEER GPS AVIC-D1 on ebay for 500 per unit??? SCAM or REAL DEAL?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIONEER GPS AVIC-D1 on ebay for 500 per unit??? SCAM or REAL DEAL?

I have been shopping around for a Pioneer AVIC-D1 since even before I picked my coupe up.

I found quite a few on EBAY and the prices range from 1599 to 500 new. So wtf is going on?

I automatically assumed that the 500 ones are scams but some of them have mad feedbacks... "powersellers."

REAL OR FAKE?

They all say, email me for payment arrangements... it sounds like a scam and how can they sell those units for 500 brand new? Free shipping worldwide?! Sounds too good to be true.

There is one that says, "ships from: san jose, ca" which happens to be about 30 minutes south (20 by bike ) from where I live so I said I wanna come by and I'll pick one up for the 500 you are asking. I'm waiting for a response.

Old 11-27-2005, 04:28 AM
If it sounds too good to be true then 99.99% is the case.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:10 AM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's like you pay 500 for one of those nonsense websites that tells you how to get one for a dollar....It's BS.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can you put up the link to the auction? Most likely, it is a scam. The cheapest I have seen one go is about $1.1-1.2k I think.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:28 AM
G SQUAD
The ones for $500 probably don't come with all the components, like the brain or some of the cables. Believe it or not the actual monitor unit is not what costs the most, its all the components from cables to the brain unit and stuff. So $500.00 I highly doubt is for a complete setup.

-Vin

Old 11-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
I have been shopping around for a Pioneer AVIC-D1 since even before I picked my coupe up.

I found quite a few on EBAY and the prices range from 1599 to 500 new. So wtf is going on?

I automatically assumed that the 500 ones are scams but some of them have mad feedbacks... "powersellers."

REAL OR FAKE?

They all say, email me for payment arrangements... it sounds like a scam and how can they sell those units for 500 brand new? Free shipping worldwide?! Sounds too good to be true.

There is one that says, "ships from: san jose, ca" which happens to be about 30 minutes south (20 by bike ) from where I live so I said I wanna come by and I'll pick one up for the 500 you are asking. I'm waiting for a response.
dood i have been looking for a double din tv and i saw some on e bay...each time i see one like the one you are talking about, it is a different name and different e mail but same style of selling setup....this happened to my friend on a car and he lost 2 Gs....what they do is hack in take the person's ebay name and then say you can only pay western union....i have e mailed the person on different e mails a couple of times and every time there is an excuse of why i have to send the money western union, but everybody knows....WESTERN UNION IS UNTRACEBALE CASH....so please beware ...dont be taken adavantage of man...hope this helps for ya

Old 11-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Here is the original link... one of many that seem similar 500 each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-N1-AVIC-N2-AVIC-D1-alpine-IVA-D300-310_W0QQitemZ5640688283QQcategoryZ102372QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
THE GUY EMAILED ME BACK! WHAT A SCAMMER!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"HI
First I want to tell you that my car monitors are brand new, unopened box
all accessories included and also an international warranty .
My price is the best you could get: 500USD(not euro), including the
shipping and insurance taxes. We will pay them because the package
will be delivered from Europe.
As delivery service we use UPS2days air service or overnight (with insurance and
15 days return policy), because it's the faster. And if you will have
a quick payment, we must also have a quick delivery. So that's why we
use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and
also very secure way of sending money. I just open a electronics company here in europe
If i will make with you a good deal,you will recommend me ,maybe ,to your friends or to other persons.For me it is very important to have permanent deals on ebay,
any negatice deal will not make good to me,That explain the price
So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
Waiting your quick answer right now,

THANK YOU"-----------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I figured since I am a FIRM believer of "you get what you pay for" but I also don't like to miss out great opportunities.

In the posting, he says "ships from SAN JOSE, CA" which is 40 miles away. I told him I would drive down and pick one up for 500 so he would actually save on shipping. If it was good then I was gonna hook everyone up... since I would be local I would just pick them up and ship them out so no fellow G35drivers would get jacked. Like a group buy thing for 500 shipped or something.

I am not about to send 500 bucks to europe! hahaha. oh well, I guess I'll keep shopping.

Last edited by Disco_Monkey; 11-27-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Don't buy electronics from people on ebay selling from Hong Kong.... it's mostly dead stuff.

Old 11-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
So that's why we
use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and
also very secure way of sending money. I just open a electronics company here in europe
Haha, Western Union has like no security on it at all for payment

Old 11-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Haha. Yeah. Beware of persons trying to buy overseas in general. A majority of the fraudulent areas that the people claim they're in are Nigeria (#1), UK, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. Never pay via Western Union, Bidpay, or by cash/check. If they use Paypal, make sure that they're a verified user and if they aren't and are adamant about their validity, let the payment settle out for a week. Any fraudulent payments via Paypal are usually caught within a week.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I was searching around for another forum member for the avic-d1. The shop I get my stuff from in the bay area will sell them for 1.2k and add a $300 rebate.....makes them $900 after reabate!..and It's a local and authorized shop too.