Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

V1 Hardwired - in 2 minutes (images)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jameyb
In my 05 sedan there are 2 rows of three, however, the inviscord plugs into the same hole as the black w/ pink stripe wire and the black wire. I am assuming this taps into the autodim function of the mirror which is switched because my radar detector turns off when I turn the car off.

As for being able to see the invisicord from the front of the car, my tint strip at the top of the windshield completely obscures the invisicord from outside the car at least in my case.

I agree with the above conclusion that the smaller connectors work much better. I was sent both so that I could do a side by side. My conclusion was that the "wimpy" connectors were much better.
I stand corrected on the 2 rows vs 1 row of holes!

After hearing the same from the others that received the smaller connectors, I have decided to go that route for the G35 InvisiCord.

I received two orders from the G35 crowd last night and utilized the smaller connectors on them. Thanks go out to everyone that had constructive criticism of my product so that I could improve upon the existing design so that it will fit this vehicle type!

Old 01-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by TeamSpeed
Thanks go out to everyone that had constructive criticism of my product so that I could improve upon the existing design so that it will fit this vehicle type!
Your welcome and thanks for all the customer support.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i ordered mine last night.... i hope im not the first idiot on the thread who cant install it in under 5 minutes

Old 08-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Just got and installed my invisicord! Quick question -- there are two rows of holes in the mirror harness, one row has wires plugged into it, the other row is completely empty. I couldn't get the invisicord wires to stay in the empty second row, so I stuck them in the first row (ie, invisicord wire and pre-existing wire going into the same hole). Is this right?

Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 PM
and don't worry Raznips, I'm a complete idiot and it only took 5min!

Here's what I ended up with :

Old 08-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by kashrahman
Just got and installed my invisicord! Quick question -- there are two rows of holes in the mirror harness, one row has wires plugged into it, the other row is completely empty. I couldn't get the invisicord wires to stay in the empty second row, so I stuck them in the first row (ie, invisicord wire and pre-existing wire going into the same hole). Is this right?
Yep, that's right. You want the radar detector to run off of those "pre-existing" wires.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:49 PM
thanks!!! was worried that I screwed up and my mirror harness would melt or start shooting sparks or something! ; ) Kash

Old 08-21-2006, 04:47 PM
wow i am the first person that don't know hwo to do this.. I can't get the invisicord int he hole where the existing wire is already at.. it will only go half way where there is no more room for it to go fully in.. NOT working for me HELP

Old 08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Sneaker Whore
Nice..great job.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by chester
wow i am the first person that don't know hwo to do this.. I can't get the invisicord int he hole where the existing wire is already at.. it will only go half way where there is no more room for it to go fully in.. NOT working for me HELP
I replied to your email and PM. As noted on the order page, the owners of G35 and 350Z coupes require special connectors, and to trigger the routing of the proper cords to the proper orders, we require the additional Infiniti/Nissan $.25 add-on to the order.

In any case, if you place an order for a G35 cord, I will get it out ASAP so that you have it soon, and if you return the prior cord, I will refund once I receive it. This does happen from time to time, any suggestions on how to make this extra item on the orders more visible would be appreciated.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You know what's sad, is I remember when HTML first came out, there was a kickas$ tag called >blink< What ever happened to that? Everyone complained so much that it went away? That would rock in this situation.

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson:
>blink< IF YOU HAVE A MOTHER FUC*ING G35 OR MOTHER FUC*ING 350Z, CLICK ON THE MOTHER FUC*ING BUTTON THAT SAYS YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE MOTHER FUC*ING CARS!!! Something about SNAKES! >/blink< (with > < reversed because this board's PHP code is mother fuc*ing strict)

Old 08-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ahh it was a netscape only thing I miss the days of trumpet winsock, PPP dialers and gopher

Old 08-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow.. that looks great... real clean

Old 08-21-2006, 09:38 PM

Man.. all this hassle and time awaits again over .25 cents.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by chester
Man.. all this hassle and time awaits again over .25 cents.
It has nothing to do with the $.25, it is that there was nothing on the order that denoted it was for a G35. We used to ask for a note on the payment, but it was cleaner to just add a separate line item to each order, which also helps in the order automation. We have products for almost 25 different models of mirrors, and the cord for the G35 is different than any of the others.

I will send out another replacement for you at my expense, please send the other back after you get the new one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V1 Hardwired - in 2 minutes (images)