Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parrot bluetooth with Aftermarket Audio System?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:20 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parrot bluetooth with Aftermarket Audio System?

Hey guys. Anyone have experience with installing the Parrot in thier G with an audio system. I guess you have to buy the external speaker from Parrot and mount it somewhere. Where? Does it sound good? I was hoping for a car speaker integration but I guess it really cant be done. Anyways...just wanted to see what the deal is....TIA

Jason

Old 01-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently installing a parrot CK3100 in my truck that has an aftermarket system in it. I wanted to hack up my truck before I put it in my G. My Kenwood head unit has a mute wire which works perfect with the Parrot. (the yellow wire that has the "bullet" on it is the mute wire you want to use. The wires that are labeled mute on the Parrot harness are just cut off). Currently I am using an old factory speaker from a toyota as the external speaker. I am having difficulty determining which external speaker will work best. I believe the external speaker from Parrot will plug right into the ISO wiring harnesses, but I can't confirm that. It is not difficult at all to wire in an external speaker. Just take the blue and green wires on the female ISO plug and use them as your pos/neg. Works great. But just using the crappy stock toyota speaker, it sounds fine. I ordered a 3 dollar Nokia speaker from ebay which I'm currently waiting for. We'll see how that fits. I think the Parrot speaker is like 25 bucks plus shipping. I've one on ebay for 20, but I don't think it comes with the harness.

Check out www.parrot.biz and click on the support/forum links. Lots of good info on their product there. I found out that the Parrot won't work for my Samsung A900 from sprint, , but that it should be corrected soon. I tried the Parrot with my wife's Treo and it works great. But you can also find out other good info. And if all else fails, just call Parrot USA. You can get their number from the forum.

Hope this helps.