Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Sirius Install Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Install Help

I have a '05 G coupe mt w/navi and Bose sound. I was thinking of ordering the Grubbs or Everything G35 Sirius module. Does anyone have instructions on how this is done so I can see before I attempt? Also are their any stumbling blocks that I need know about or any reason not to try this and allow the dealer to try and charge me $650. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Old 02-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installing the Sirius receiver is really easy, just get in there and give it a try, you will do fine. The instructions are included.

Installing the antenna can be more difficult - or even easier - depending on what you decide. Installing it on top of the car as in the directions can take a little work. But MANY have been perfectly happy with installing it on the deck under the rear window, and that is really easy. I would recommend to try that first. If you're not satisfied (can't see if you might be in a tough reception area), and I think chances are you will be, then you can decide if you want to pay the dealer (or a good audio installer) to do put it on the roof for you (or try the trunk lid, that's also easy).

Old 02-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by addaiaway
I have a '05 G coupe mt w/navi and Bose sound. I was thinking of ordering the Grubbs or Everything G35 Sirius module. Does anyone have instructions on how this is done so I can see before I attempt? Also are their any stumbling blocks that I need know about or any reason not to try this and allow the dealer to try and charge me $650. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
whatever you do, do not take it to the dealers. it is very easy and pretty much self explanatory. i just installed mine last week and it was very easy, anyone can do it. what is your email address? i can email you the instructions.

Old 02-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the help my email is addaiaway@yahoo.com

Old 02-03-2006, 07:13 PM
what website did you choose to order from?

Old 02-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by addaiaway
what website did you choose to order from?
I got mine from everythingg35.com I ended up installing mine on the roof and it looks really good. the antenna that came with mine is a lot smaller than the first antennas that sirius came out with. installing it on the roof wasn't hard at all, there was a template that came with my order and it pretty much showed me where the center of the roof is to install the antenna.