Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

DC Outlets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC Outlets

For the last few months, I've been rolling with a rigged up FM transmitter for my iPod sticking out of the ashtray on the front center console, stuck on the end of an outlet extension type thingie.

It works perfectly aside from the ashtray wanting to close when I stop and the whole thing swinging forward, and hitting either the stereo or climate control buttons.

I don't want to hardwire anything on it since it's a lease and I want to take advantage of this so-called Infiniti early lease termination (or conversion thing) that the salesmen always talk about (I actually just got a mailing about it).

I recently had my $12k mile service on my 2005 G35x done at the local dealer. They gave me an '04 G35x as a loaner for the day, and wouldn't you know, the DC outlets are conveniently placed on either side of the console (one where my VCD switch is and the other in the same spot on the passenger side. My iPod fit perfectly there with no rigging or extensions.

Does anyone know where the outlets are on the '06?

Old 02-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They got rid of the outlets on the sides of the console for the 05-06 models. I too was having the same issues with my portable GPS. There is an additonal outlet in the middle armrest, I just brought the wire around the sides and into the armrest. You can hardly even see my wires now. The armrest will close firmly over the wire with no problem.