Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Alpine W200 is on its way!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alpine W200 is on its way!

Just got the call from Jeff Smith. He's got 4 coming in this week. With one of them already spoken for.

Now if Grubbs would get my finsiher in stock....

Old 04-01-2006, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! You can get the finisher from yosi@j-garage.com ! Takes about 6 business days!

Originally Posted by MiloX
Just got the call from Jeff Smith. He's got 4 coming in this week. With one of them already spoken for.

Now if Grubbs would get my finsiher in stock....

Old 04-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
How much did you pay for the unit? Ive been drooling over it, but Im going to get everything else first and the HU last, then install all at once. Maybe by then the price will be down a little....

Old 04-03-2006, 02:36 PM
What is so good about this unit? I'm in the market to buy, and I can buy a Eclipse AVN5435 or 5500 for just around the same price and get navigation with the DVD player.

The screen quilty from the spec seem to be the same, Pre-Outs on the eclipse are better... am I missing something?

Old 04-03-2006, 11:28 PM
For me, it's simple.

I am already running an H701 processor. An all digital signal to the trunk is fantastic. Aesthetically, the W200 looks much better to me than any of the other single Alpine DIN solutions. I can also add a blackbird Nav unit for fairly cheap.

As far as the Eclipse units go. I am sure they are great. From what I understand, their AV models don't really have the level of control that their higher end audio decks have... i.e.. X-over, TA, PEQ, etc... Which means you need to pick up their new DSP if you want that level of control. For me, it's a show stopper if I do not have said features.

I already have the Alpine unit. For my modest, all-active 4 way setup the H701 fits the bill nicely. Adding the W200 is the icing.

Last edited by MiloX; 04-03-2006 at 11:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:28 PM
I got the IVA-W200 installed last week. It looks great!!! I have the blackbird to but am waiting for the docking station to integrate it. I'll post pics soon

Old 04-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Originally Posted by hilock
I got the IVA-W200 installed last week. It looks great!!! I have the blackbird to but am waiting for the docking station to integrate it. I'll post pics soon

gurggle! Yeah I have been studying this really hard. The Blackbird portability and ease of integration with the HU is big plus for daily drivers that also floss and fly the friendly skies and need a nav device when they reach thier destination.

I am tired of getting lost but did not want to buy a singl purpose nav device. I think I will get the Blackbird first and wait for the w200 price to settle some before i make my move.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:35 AM
for those of us with the iPod Vide (5th Gen), is it possible pass the video through the iPod to the display of the W200? Or, will the W200 only support audio from the iPod?

Originally Posted by hilock

Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 PM
response to vchang:

I had the AVN5495.
It had alot of sound controls, NAVI, and the hard drive.

Truth is, I did not care for how the 5495 processed sound. Mids and mid-bass
were not good. I have tried multiple headunits, Sony, Pioneer, and a couple Alpines. Alpines seem to have the best sound.

Also, the hard drive on the 5495, I thought would be cool. It is not.
It rips CDs in real-time which takes FOREVER. I gave up eventually.

To eachs own, if sound is important, from all the testing I've done, Alpine sounds the best to me.

I have Type-X 6 1/2 front, Type R 6 1/2 rear, Type-r 10" sub, MRV-F450 amp.

Old 06-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by peteman
Also, the hard drive on the 5495, I thought would be cool. It is not. It rips CDs in real-time which takes FOREVER. I gave up eventually.
That sucks... whoever designed that feature is a moron.

To eachs own, if sound is important, from all the testing I've done, Alpine sounds the best to me.
What testing did you do?

Old 06-06-2006, 06:34 PM
I asked this on the other thread, but for you who have the w-200 installed did you get the pac unit to work? Someone already said it didn't work but on some other forms they got it to work with other cars. And since this unit is fairly new and not allot of people have it I figured I asked the question to people who already have it in the G.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:14 PM
response to amthar

By testing I meant I was able to experiment with a number of head units.

I tried the same audio recording with each HU and noticed a significant difference between each one. Highs, mids, mid-bass, and bass all sounded
different based upon each HU.

thanks,

Old 06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
alpine double din iva-w200

I recently was able to get an Alpine iva-w200 for a friend for $900 in SoCal from an authorized Alpine dealer (tax included)!

Seemed like a great deal, was it?

I'm going Single Din Clarion DRZ9255!

Old 06-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by peteman
By testing I meant I was able to experiment with a number of head units.

I tried the same audio recording with each HU and noticed a significant difference between each one. Highs, mids, mid-bass, and bass all sounded
different based upon each HU.

thanks,
that's not testing, and that's not experimenting, that's your ear being biased as to which deck you like better. So you're just giving your opinion based on personal tastes, not providing results from any objective testing... which is fine, don't get me wrong, but it's important to distinguish that fact for the people on here who don't know any better and think you're saying that Alpine is the best due to testing you've done.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:53 AM
amthar

take a pill dude, its just car audio.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alpine W200 is on its way!