Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strobes and show cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strobes and show cars

hey guys any showcar owners here have strobes on their G's or any other cars they have/dad?

I wanted to know what kits to get, I know Whelen and Nova are the best..for instance can I use hideaway strobes for exterior use?or are they only meant for interior?will I run into moisture problems?

I know alot of people are going to chime in and say rice etc...blah blah blah..been there heard that...if you have nothing constructive to say dont waste anyones time....

Old 04-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't be an @ss. It's the internet, we'll post anything we darn well want. If you don't want people chiming in about you being a ricer, stop being one, or stop posting like one.

now, just so I can be constructive with my post (because you demanded so), I've never seen a strobe on the externior of a car that wasn't someplace "waterproof." For example, in the front headlight housing, in a police car top light bar, taillights, etc. If you plan on putting one randomly in your engine compartment, you'll have a problem with heat, unless the strobe specifically states it can handle the environment found under a hood. If you plan on putting one under the car, you better find one that specifically states it can handle such installation because it's going to get a hella lot of abuse (unless this is not a daily driver or you don't drive far [or at all ~ trailer?] to shows).

Basically, if it doesn't say it supports what you're trying to do, I wouldn't do it. Last thing you want is to improperly install electrical equipment on your >$30000 G35 showcar.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Oh wait. You're the @sshole without a sense of humor who jumped down my throat because of your "linear acctuator" post. Man, who woulda thunk... You know, the more I go through and read your past posts, the more I see you asking questions, getting answers and never bothering to post a followup, say thank you, or contribute in any way. You just ask ask ask and then make snotty comments about how people should answer you... all without an ounce of humor.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:03 PM
^^^

Time of the month or something? jk.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by jiggalam
^^^

Time of the month or something? jk.
ROFL, nice Unfortunately only girls get that trump card . Do a search on his name, almost all 75ish of his posts consist of him starting a post asking about a service, a part, a procedure... basically asking a question. Then other people kindly answer him... to which he disappears and never says thanks or says what he decided. He's a knowledge leech... which is fine, because that's what I'd say 85% of the board members are. But the other 84.99% don't act like jerks when you make a stupid joke and make demands on what is acceptable and not acceptable to post in his thread.

That's why I don't like him or his tone.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Ok in that case what an a-hole. Come to think of it I don't really post what I do after my questions either, then again most my threads and posts are off topic. Oh boy now I'm screwed. I no want no drama!!! BTW does this count as hijacking a thread?

Old 04-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Take your G back to fast and furious 3 bro. Sorry but 99% of the G owners on this board use their G for daily driving...hence would not know what stunna strobez would go well w/ your car.

Originally Posted by 04Gwhiz
hey guys any showcar owners here have strobes on their G's or any other cars they have/dad?

I wanted to know what kits to get, I know Whelen and Nova are the best..for instance can I use hideaway strobes for exterior use?or are they only meant for interior?will I run into moisture problems?

I know alot of people are going to chime in and say rice etc...blah blah blah..been there heard that...if you have nothing constructive to say dont waste anyones time....

Old 04-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by optimystic06
Take your G back to fast and furious 3 bro. Sorry but 99% of the G owners on this board use their G for daily driving...hence would not know what stunna strobez would go well w/ your car.
I dunno... he wanted to know about air suspension rides for the G too, and people graciously answered his question. Did I mention he didn't say thanks or say what he learned or decided in this air suspension quest of his?

don't worry, he's replying to this thread as I type this... I love getting bi*ched at over the internet... it's like watching a kid pee into the wind.

Last edited by amthar; 04-27-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:44 PM
why don't you read all my posts you A**hole...i am a leech..not giving out info..read my long *** post on lambo doors you a**hole...you tell me i have no sense of humor..I laugh when I see this post how much effort you took to go out of your way to have a convo with another Ahole in this thread about how selfish I am...if you don't know the answer don't reply..save your energy for a post you think deserves your almighty attention...yes i do make posts where I may not reply back...come to think of it...when I had my "linear accuator" post some guy newbieg35 emailed a bunch of emails that had you desperately seeking a set of 03 headlights off a coupe for a retro...seems like from what i ready you said "yes you are ready to buy and do you accept paypal?" seems like after that you never got back in touch with him..seems like he was the one hunting you down..so if you mean that I am a poster that doesnt say thanks or follow up and may forget sometimes to thank people that advise me so be it...I am proud of it..just because I dont get a period like you every time i make a post doesn't mean that I can't be funny...after all you have never seen a strobe on the "externior" of a car right?maybe you should take your own advice..why don't you tell everyone why you told newbieg35 2 weeks after you said you would buy his headlights, that something came up...so maybe things come up for me too. i am so happy that other people on this board arent as b**tchy as you...

Old 04-27-2006, 04:50 PM
go for it..how do you not know if I pm'ed the posters about the air kits and asked them questions without bringing it into the public forum?mind your own business..I am sure there are better things to do than playing a cowboy over the board...if you must know..I am still talking to other board members about air dissipation from the air bags when the car idles or is parked for long periods of time...I asked whether the tubes running from the compressor are vacuum sealed to the valves as to not let air leak out...I also asked what size compressor I should be looking at when I have limited trunk space..also what brand kits to look for when looking at FBSS kits..so keep posting away

Last edited by 04Gwhiz; 04-27-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:53 PM
I think your post is the most unconstructive one in this thread so far. Way to do exactly what you demanded others not do in your thread. At least I gave you some recommendations. Beyond that, NewbieG35 (I love the name by the way) is far from a reasonable individual, though it makes sense you would lend authority to his statements. He, like you, resulted to name calling and attack of personal character. I was more than willing to explain the situation to him, but he was uninterested and more interested in calling me names than having a reasonable dicussion, like you. I even apologized to him, both before and after he decided to bring the convesation down to grade-school level (much like your post has done to this thread).

Yes, I like the lambo post, it was very nice. Notice I never said ALL of your posts were as I described. However anyone that does a simple search from your profile for threads started by you and posts made by you will see what I am describing. And, unfortunately, you missed the point where I said that most of this board is made up of people looking for information and not contributing information, but the difference between them and you, which you most elegantly displyed with your reply, is that you 1.) have no humor and 2.) tell people they shouldn't reply to your thread unless they give you exactly what you want (this is, in essence, what you did with the post where I made a joke and you told me to keep my "smart a$$" answers to myself).

Beyond all THAT, telling me to mind my own business when you make rather hillarious statements about an interaction I had in PMs with another board member is much like the pot calling the kettle black. Also realize the conversation I had with him was in PMs, like the PMs you are suggesting you made to posters where you gave them info on air ride suspensions, etc. etc.

Most people looking for help on here are humble... you are demanding and mean.

Edit: after re-reading your well-put posts, I am come to the conclusion you have reading problems. This came to me when I read that you think I said I've never seen a strobe on the exterior of a car. Unless my brain and eyes deceive me, I think I said "that wasn't in a "waterproof" enclosure". But I could be wrong about that....

Last edited by amthar; 04-27-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:00 PM
this thread went to nothing

Old 04-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
this thread went to nothing
Sorry. I gave what information I could, I thought it made sense

Old 04-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh boy here we go. Let me get my popcorn.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:06 PM
wow, and I thought I was gonna read something semi-interesting in this thread.....what a shame

Girlies play nice now!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: strobes and show cars