Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II Grand-Am Cup, JGTC , Procar SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures

SpeedVentures Track Day at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SpeedVentures Track Day at Laguna Seca

I'm taking my G onto Laguna Seca for the 1st time. It should be a blast. Anyone here driven at Laguna?

Old 07-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
:raises hand:

I was going to go to this one, but still no tires. The signups are SUPER low! Empty track

I'll be going in December with NCRC.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Yeah I was going to drive Saturday but am thinking of switching to Sunday because it's slightly less crowded. Prices are even cheaper through extpictures.com

http://www.extpictures.com/ontheedge...hspeedventures

Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM
I should mention that SV routinely posts up the lowest prices early on, and then raises the prices as they get closer to the events.

E-mail from Aaron:

Hi Folks,

A quick update for you regarding our upcoming events: Laguna Seca this week, Buttonwillow Raceway, and Auto Club Speedway (Full Course).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
LAGUNA SECA - Empty Run Groups, Clarification on Sound Limits
BUTTONWILLOW - $150 early-signup pricing
AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY (full course) - $189 early-signup pricing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

LAGUNA SECA - July 16,17,18,19 (Nearly Empty Run Groups! / Clarification on Sound Limits)
As you are probably already aware, we are running MAZDA Raceway Laguna Seca this Wednesday through Sunday. We welcome group deals and have discounts in place for many types of cars. Please contact us if you have questions about these discounts.

Currently we have lots of open track available. Here are the counts for some of the particularly empty run groups. As always, we will allow people to run extra sessions when the groups aren't full, so sign up now and take advantage of wide open track and lots of track time at Laguna Seca:

Thursday BLUE Group - only 9 cars
Friday BLUE Group - only 15 cars
Friday RED Group - only 15 cars
Saturday WHITE Group - only 8 cars
Saturday GREEN Group - only 8 cars
Sunday BLACK Group - only 7 cars
Sunday BLUE Group - only 7 cars

A NOTE ABOUT SOUND AT LAGUNA: please be aware that MOST cars in stock condition are allowed to run at Laguna Seca. If your car is modified or you are driving one of the latest supercars, or for whatever reason you are uncertain about your cars noise level, contact us and we will be happy to advise you regarding the 92db limit. We can also make some exceptions regarding our cancellation policy for cars that do not make sound since we are not sold out. Again, please call with any questions.

To sign up for Laguna Seca: http://www.speedventures.com/events/...il.aspx?id=252

BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY - August 1, 2
Registration is now open for our event at Buttonwillow Raceway on August 1st and 2nd. We have a fantastic early-signup price of $150 for this event. Sign up now before the price goes up! http://www.speedventures.com/events/...il.aspx?id=229

AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY (Fontana) "PRO" Course "Roval" - August 15,16
Registration is also open now for our Full Course (combining half of the Superspeedway Oval and Road Course) event at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. The early-signup price for this event is $189. Group discounts are available for this event, so feel free to contact us for a group offer. To sign up: http://www.speedventures.com/events/...il.aspx?id=230

Thanks,

Aaron Bitterman & the Speed Ventures crew
Speed Ventures
323-461-4795
www.speedventures.com

Event info from NCRC via e-mail

State of the Club, Updated Schedule w/ Laguna & Infineon dates

We’re well in to the 2009 track season, and there have been some great track days so far. We’ve had plenty of clean fast driving, our new Driving School is doing well and cranking out new track addicts, and our races have been quite exciting so far. We’re happy to report that our low-price model that we introduced last September has been a success beyond our wildest expectations, with sharply increased attendance that allows us to offer you more dates. Through reduced profit margins, economies of scale and hard bargaining with the tracks, we’ve been able to manage our costs and continue to offer our customers some fantastic pricing.

We have some schedule updates for you, please keep in mind many of our events have been selling out early, especially in the School and Solo groups. The remainder of the NCRC season looks like:
Event Race DE
August 29-30 Thunderhill $99 $125
September 25 Thunderhill $99 $125
October 2 Buttonwillow $79 $99
November 6 Thunderhill $99 $125
December 4 Laguna Seca ------ $179
December 7 Infineon $139 $169

Please note the November 6 Thunderhill date was previously November 30, and the Laguna and Infineon dates are new. We’re particularly excited to announce that we’ll be back at Infineon on December 7th, for the first time in several years. And there will be racing at Infineon, as well as all other events aside from Laguna. You can register for any of these events at http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

What we’re most proud about with our new model is that we’ve been able to make our events much more affordable while still improving customer satisfaction.

See you at the track!
Dave & Luc

The last BW track day hosted by NCRC had a run session that was sold to SV, as BW is almost exactly halfway between here and the bay area. I'll probably be attending, as NCRC is dirt cheap (with more traffic on the track as well). Keep in mind that NCRC doesn't supply water and lunch like SV. They're also quite a bit more strict with their regulations (they threatened to kick me out for the day since I didn't have a cage in my s2k if i went more than 2-off).

Last edited by mIKE; 07-13-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm going to take a closer look at those NCRC events. They are relatively inexpensive.

Do you even buy track insurance btw? I don't, but last time I went to Laguna a Z06 duke'd it out with the wall and lossed big time. I'll post up a pic later.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Check with your regular insurance carrier. Many carriers will cover you as long as you don't buy timing. Once you buy timing, it changes from "high performance driving education" to a competition, and they will not cover you.

I don't get insurance, but I don't do anything that I will regret either, and drive rather conservatively.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't done laguna but have done a few days with SV at Fontana and like them. I'm going on aug 15th to their cal speedway day.
Have fun!

Old 07-28-2009, 03:46 PM
G15
Ive never taken my car out on a track, ive never actually been on a full track before, are there any newb friendly tracks? I'm a decent driver but race driving is so different from daily driving and i dont want to make a fool out of myself.

From bay area ca

Old 07-28-2009, 06:56 PM
what do you need to do to get on the track?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
If anyone is not sure about going to the track, DO IT. It is so much fun you will not regret it. I've gone twice and I can't wait to go again. I would love to go to Laguna Seca.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by G15
Ive never taken my car out on a track, ive never actually been on a full track before, are there any newb friendly tracks? I'm a decent driver but race driving is so different from daily driving and i dont want to make a fool out of myself.

From bay area ca
Any track can be newbie friendly; just get an instructor your first time out.

If you're willing to drive, thunder hill and buttonwillow are a bit more "newbie friendly" in that if you go into a corner too fast, all you'll do is hit dirt (as opposed to walls at Laguna and Infineon)

Originally Posted by bornloser_182
what do you need to do to get on the track?
All you need is a car in good running condition, and a helmet.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
G15
Originally Posted by mIKE
Any track can be newbie friendly; just get an instructor your first time out.

If you're willing to drive, thunder hill and buttonwillow are a bit more "newbie friendly" in that if you go into a corner too fast, all you'll do is hit dirt (as opposed to walls at Laguna and Infineon)
Which of those tracks do u prefer? I dont mind driving a bit im sort of in between all the good road tracks so it will take a few hours no matter what direction i drive in

Old 08-03-2009, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by G15
Which of those tracks do u prefer? I dont mind driving a bit im sort of in between all the good road tracks so it will take a few hours no matter what direction i drive in
they are both VERY good tracks. thunder Hill is probably the better track overall but Buttonwillow is probably less intimidating. Buttonwillow is my favorite track, but on a motorcycle. I've never done it in a car.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:13 PM
I'll vote for Buttonwillow since I've never made the drive up to thunder hill before.

It's close to impossible to crash at buttonwillow unless you hit the wall by the pit or roll. (Neither is very likely... )

Old 08-05-2009, 10:23 PM
+2 on getting the instructor the first time you go out.

If anyone is close to Reno. This is very cheap.
Hello Everybody,

We would like to announce that for our next event at Reno Fernley Raceway on Saturday August 15th, we have drastically reduced the price to $160!!. In adition we have also increased your overall tracktime. The event will run as follows; 3 run groups (Advance - Intermediate - Beginner), each group will have 6 or more twenty(20) to twenty five(25) minute sessions depending on the attendance. Registration will not be available the day of the event. Please register soon if you would like to attend.
In our efforts to continue providing affordable trackdays this price will not include, Breakfast, Lunch and free photo however, you can still get your $25 discount off the price of the photo Cd if you register for this event. Instruction for the event will be available upon request. Information regarding the event can be found at:

http://www.extpictures.com/ontheedge.php