DIY: side marker blinker mod - Page 4 - G35Driver
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

DIY: side marker blinker mod

Old 08-29-2016, 02:05 AM

this is not the correct method to do this modification. it is basically sending power back through the positive wire of the turn signal and down through to the ground. this will not work correctly when the parking lights are not on. you could basically force it to work by getting a switch back led because the polarity is reversed when the parking lights are off. the correct method to do this is to use the diodedynamics tail as turn modules. after a couple hours of fiddling and soldering i finally figured it out.

i originally had it with diodes both feeding the positive line of the side marker because i thought the parking light was less voltage like 6-7v but it turns out the parking light is a full 12v and when the turn signal is activated, it does nothing. then i used the method in the diy but it wasnt all that bright, it was super dim with the parking lights on. i was going to use a resistor to dim the parking lights down with the diodes down until i remembered i had purchased the diode dynamics tail as turn modules previously and wasnt using them. this make the side markers function absolutely perfectly. when parking lights are on or off. im freaking ecstatic after messing with it for hours i figured i would share.

this module will also work on the 7443 turn signal mod as well on the 06 head lights. if you want to have a parking light on the turn signal and then have it flash when turn signal is on this will do it. i have the 7443 plug mod so i wont need it but for all those 06 and up head lights that were looking at doing the 7443 dual filament mod you can easily just use the dd module and skip that step

Last edited by .cakestar; 08-29-2016 at 02:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=.cakestar;7073554]this is not the correct method to do this modification. it is basically sending power back through the positive wire of the turn signal and down through to the ground. this will not work correctly when the parking lights are not on. you could basically force it to work by getting a switch back led because the polarity is reversed when the parking lights are off. the correct method to do this is to use the diodedynamics tail as turn modules. after a couple hours of fiddling and soldering i finally figured it out.

Can you do a write up perhaps?