Dealers ripping me off!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 12:21 AM
RBJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealers ripping me off!!

Hey Guys,
I have 2003 6MT G35 brembo breakes with 30900 miles on it. I just had my 30000 miles service and they charged me $500. Also they(dealer-service center) told me that my breaks are 25% left. And they are charging $450 for front breaks and $380 for the rear breaks. I dont know anything about what needs to be changed but he mentioned me that I need to get break pads and rotors.
So I told him what if I bring the parts and then he goes, we would charge around $450 for the installation.
That means if I get parts and installation from them, it would cost me alltogether around $900 bucks while if I get the parts on my own, their labor is gonna cost me around $450.
I need your advice guys. Please help me. Any guidance on this would be so much helpful. Is that possible to get it installed somewhere else ?? what would be the cheper way ?

Old 07-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ONLY ****...
Why r u going to a dealer in the first place? Just get it done from a outside shop..changing pads/rotors isnt a hard job, anyone local shop could do it for u. I got my rotors machines for $40 bucks where the dealer said $280....just a advice

Old 07-16-2006, 10:29 AM
RBJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply manbir. but i dont know what to buy for brembo breaks. I read few posts on this forum and people are buying Hawk pads but dont know what to buy for rotors ?

Also if I get my 3000 or 5000 miles service done outside the infiniti service center, would I void my warranty ??

Old 07-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I just changed my rotors and pads for 389 US for parst. Turned out great. I got Trimark rotors and Axxis pads. Install took me about 3 hours in total. that includes beer breaks, along with pee breaks and then the typical get one wheel done, stare at how good it looks for 15 minutes, then move on. If I had my time back I could probablly do it in an hour and a half and that is with jacking the car up with a floor jack and removing the wheels by hand. No way it would take a dealer more than that with having the car on a lift. They are definately ripping you off. The Brembos are by far the easiest brakes I have ever worked on. It obivously shows they know what they are doing because you can change the pads without having to use any tools at all (maybe needle nose pliers to get the cotter pin out but after that, the pads can be pulled out by hand).

I used both Hawks and Axxis pads. I found the hawks didn't have as good an initial bite as the axxis pads and were marginally quieter when breaking. The hawks did squeel whereas the axxis don't. The Hawks were also hard to get into the caliper, and consequently harder to remove. The Axxis fit perfectly like the OEM's did and I coudl get them in and out without having to tap them at all. They just slid in and out great. Given that the Hawks were almost twice as much, I wouldn't buy them again. The only really good thing that the hawks had going for them was that they didn't dust as much as the Axxis did. But after reading some posts from Q45Tech, that is most likely because the brake compound they use doesn't offer as good a bite. This is also why people say the OEM pads are the best, but they dust like crazy.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
def not go to the dealership for that, check this website out for the parts and then go to some1 else for the install

http://www.injectedperformance.com/ViewCat.aspx?VID=20