View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have been in contact with Peter and received the replacement brackets from SPC. Unfortunately that didn't fix it. Last week I replaced the sensor on the driver's side as that bracket was pretty mangled from the original installation. Still have the problem.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
must've sucked if u had to pay for the sensor. it seems tough to actually damage the sensor unless u torqued them really really hard.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Archangel
Thanks for the heads up. I have been in contact with Peter and received the replacement brackets from SPC. Unfortunately that didn't fix it. Last week I replaced the sensor on the driver's side as that bracket was pretty mangled from the original installation. Still have the problem.
Ask for a replacemant sensor since you couldn't get it to work with the new bracket. The chances are that you could have damaged the sensor.

Mark

Old 01-15-2007, 06:09 PM
In for later use.

So is there a way to tell if a car will be having the knocking issue before installing the kit? I still have my new in box front and rears, and I'm not sure if to have them installed or not.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 PM
There's no way of knowing until you install the kit. The rears have no issues and the SPC rear camber kit is an excellent product. The fronts arms are being redesigned so if you do have the knocking issue you can return your current arms.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
g35bastard, if u haven't installed the older arms, i suggest u wait till the new ones and trade. i didn't hear the knocking regularly, but once in a while (every other week or so) on some bumps, i'll hear the knocking.

been a while already Mark, is SPC paying you for R&D? u've been doing so much to relieve this issue.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:41 AM
SPC is going to send me the first prototype arm unpainted to install and test out. If everything goes well they will continue with production of the arms as designed. SPC will send me a painted set and I will have them installed and return my original and prototype arms. SPC will comp me the arms for my efforts in helping them resolve this issue.

Talked to Peter at IAP today and SPC looks to be making good progress with the arms although I have no other update. Again, as news comes in I will post any info as I get them.

Mark

Old 01-27-2007, 02:56 AM
Got an email from Charlie at SPC and was informed that 2 unpainted revised arms should be getting shipped sometime this up coming week. I'll install them as soon as I get them and test them for a week and hopefully everything goes well.

Mark

Old 01-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I wonder what they have revised from the prototype version that I have to the version that you have and the "revised" version that you are getting. I have had absolutely no issues from mine.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:09 PM
I didn't get any indication from Charlie what the differences in the arms are but once I receive them I will post the differences. Since these cars are manufactured and obviously there are tolerances that differ in each one and the fact we have different aftermarket suspension parts that's where the problem arises. You are one of the lucky ones that everything just happens to work out for whatever reason. The only suspension change I made was to install Swift "G" springs which has a moderate drop of 1"(front) and .6"(rear), whether that enters into the equation of my knocking issue, I don't really know. I might have the knocking issue without installing the springs although for whatever reason SPC, myself and others know that there is a problem with the design of their arms.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:53 AM
I just received the revised arms today and made an appointment with my installer for Friday although I'm not sure if I can make that appointment. I had some bad luck today, I was driving and came to a stop at an intersection and smoke started to come through the vents and then out the hood. I noticed a red fluid leaking so I had the car towed to the closest Infiniti dealership. 2 months ago I hit a 2x4 that fell off a truck that I couldn't avoid hitting it and the resulting damage was the front bumper and under engine cover. Infiniti tells me that since those items were replaced the repair (they don't know exactly what the problem is) won't be covered under warranty. I have 4900 miles on the car so that BS. I happen to have the repair done at the body shop that this dealership uses so I will be talking to the suits at Infiniti to let them know of my displeasure. The owner of the body shop agrees that they are 2 separate issues and it should be covered under warranty. The other thing that pisses my off is that I bought my car at this dealership and I brought my friend to buy is G there and this is the treatment I get.

Last edited by mark4x4; 02-01-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I got the revised arms installed Friday and will post results on the knocking issue with these new arms.

Mark

Old 02-03-2007, 07:55 PM
hey guys,

i just got in my SPC but the spring clamp that goes around the rubber ball popped out and i can't put it back in around the grooves to secure it to the arm.

any suggestions at how to do it? my gawd, it's full of vaseline and it's so messy =)

Old 02-03-2007, 08:08 PM
^ lol that happen to me when i first got mines, peter just told me to put the red boot back on the arms joint and then slide the spring ring up, around the boot. it works. since then i've put 2 zip ties over the rings to prevent them from coving off again.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
so i gotta put the spring on first, then seat the red boot onto the arm joint and then pull the spring up towards the boot to correctly put it into that groove?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll