350z & G35 Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007 | 05:07 PM
|
350z & G35 Suspension

I wanted to know if you guys/gals can provide me with some more information in regards to the G35 Coupe/Sedan and 350Z suspension.

Are all the suspension systems a direct bolt on between the vehicles? IE will a 350Z suspension bolt into a G35 coupe and sedan?

I'm assuming that if it does the only difference would be ride height with the coupe sitting about .5" lower and the sedan sitting about 1" lower, given the same suspension is used. Is this correct?

These questions are specifically in regards to coilover systems so even if the G35 coupe/sedan sit lower, they can be adjusted through the threaded shock tube to raise the vehicle if needed.

Any confirmations of my thoughts would be greatly appreciated as well as any additional insight you guys can give me.

Other things I'm curious about is the stroke of the G35/350Z suspension and if they are the same.

Thanks!

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by UrbanTacticZ
I wanted to know if you guys/gals can provide me with some more information in regards to the G35 Coupe/Sedan and 350Z suspension.

Are all the suspension systems a direct bolt on between the vehicles? IE will a 350Z suspension bolt into a G35 coupe and sedan?

I'm assuming that if it does the only difference would be ride height with the coupe sitting about .5" lower and the sedan sitting about 1" lower, given the same suspension is used. Is this correct?

These questions are specifically in regards to coilover systems so even if the G35 coupe/sedan sit lower, they can be adjusted through the threaded shock tube to raise the vehicle if needed.

Any confirmations of my thoughts would be greatly appreciated as well as any additional insight you guys can give me.

Other things I'm curious about is the stroke of the G35/350Z suspension and if they are the same.

Thanks!
I know all the answer's, but I have a vexing concern of weather or not you'll use the info to help other's or to simpy push what product line you have on hand as a reseller by adapting the fact's to suit your sales goals. I pm help to board sponcer's here and on my350Z all the time, so this isn't a anti reseller thing, but out of concern for the Z and G community that their needs are met with 100% integrity.

Old 01-16-2007 | 11:20 PM
i would say that the 350z suspension would be different. it might bolt on but it probably has a stiffer compression damping but not as much spring rate because of the lack of weight. 350z weighs less than the 35 or the 35 sedan.

Old 01-17-2007 | 12:25 AM
|
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
I know all the answer's, but I have a vexing concern of weather or not you'll use the info to help other's or to simpy push what product line you have on hand as a reseller by adapting the fact's to suit your sales goals. I pm help to board sponcer's here and on my350Z all the time, so this isn't a anti reseller thing, but out of concern for the Z and G community that their needs are met with 100% integrity.
I appreciate your concerns. Actually, I am a former forum sponsor on MY350Z under the business name MotorTuned. This can be confirmed with Jason

Old 01-17-2007 | 12:26 AM
|
Originally Posted by binder
i would say that the 350z suspension would be different. it might bolt on but it probably has a stiffer compression damping but not as much spring rate because of the lack of weight. 350z weighs less than the 35 or the 35 sedan.
Very true, but with an adjustable damper, I wouldn't think it would be an issue. The only difference I can see is there being a need for a different spring between the cars.

Old 01-18-2007 | 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by UrbanTacticZ
Very true, but with an adjustable damper, I wouldn't think it would be an issue. The only difference I can see is there being a need for a different spring between the cars.

yes, you are right. i didn't see that you used adjustable dampers. i thought you mean just swapping stock for stock.